Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What did YOU pay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billytschopshop, Jun 27, 2010.

1. old skool volvo

old skool volvo
    from Homer, AK

i paid like 175 for my car and a few hours of work.

and to you people thet think its rude then dont post its simple if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all.

2. OK if I tell you to kiss my butt and smile while I say it is that nice enough?:p

Good lord who's mom are you?

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

$650 initially, probably finish it for around 12K?? Thats doing everything except the powdercoating and engine machining myself.

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My dad was a horse trader. Literally. He raised Arabians. Bought, sold, traded and showed horses like I do with cars.

He told me to never ask someone what they paid for something, because it was rude to do so.

He also told me to never tell someone what I paid for something, because they might want to buy it from me at some point; if they knew what I paid, they might not be willing to pay my asking price, thus reducing my profit.

5. So does this mean you aren't going to tell me what you got in that nomad in your avitar.;)

6. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

Did a ''favor'' for a heavy set girl once, to get a rust free car that was in her parents garage for 20 years.....Well worth it!

7. Labold

Labold

It's the gift that keeps on givin' Clark.

8. donfrancisco

donfrancisco

1956 Ford Customline $500 POS
    $600 tuck n Roll seats
    $2000 Rebuilt 272 Y Block and Ford-O-Matic
    $2000 Paint and Body
    $300 New Front Crossmember
    $250 Gas Tank
    $200 Bushings
    $300 new wheel cylinders master cylider and breaks
    After 200 miles I sold it for $2,100
    [​IMG]

9. Joe53super88

Joe53super88

my dad traded a small camper for the 53 olds. that was when i was like 12. and it became mine when i graduated high school in 2007. so i gave $0 for it? just alot of headaches...

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Which one is the pretty one???

11. Made my day to read this. I don't even want to know what kinda "favor".-Weeks

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

13. big bad john

big bad john

......Hope you did'nt marry her.......

14. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

Spend as much as i can afford, To make it like i want. our street rods are drivers !

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  15. burnout2614

burnout2614

My last non-running project 700.00. My last running project 8000.00 peace

16. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

With all my cars,I spent what I had to to buy them and I spent what I needed to to build them.
    And I,ve never spent any where near what you would think.

RIP ED

17. UPState Bill

UPState Bill
    from New York

My father gave me his 32 ford tudor in 2002 which had been sitting untouched for over 20 years in a old shed.It took 6+ years and I spent a huge bundle bringing it back to life.But the look on my fathers face as he was driving his old car was worth every $$ I would have spent double because some things you just can't put a price on

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hell, if I spent as much as I could afford, I couldn't even build a car!:D

19. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

[​IMG][​IMG]

My 27 T coupe. I found it on a farm in a which had a paintball field built and the car was used to hide in from paintballs. The owner said he bought the place 51 years ago and it was sitting there when he bought the place. It was the whole body, hood, fenders, and some running gear. I pair a whopping $50 bucks for it and he it is as I am finally starting to build it

chopped 10 inches, channeled 3

20. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Love that T!

I'm not bothered by someone asking politely about what I paid for something. If they have an agenda then I tell them none of their business. Theres a right way and a wrong way. I Never did understand being all secretive about money. Just because someone may know what I paid for something has no bearing on what I'll sell it for down the road.

21. Willy301

Willy301

[​IMG]I paid way too much for a car that was alot less than the seller advertised, I am very deep in the dollars trying just to get it up to what he said it was and it ain't nowhere near where it will be when I get done, but the wife has no concept of what I have in it, other than she was standing there when I bought it. But this is a picture of it on the way home....

22. $ 190

Attached Files:

23. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Got my old Austin for under $2k, and it was solid and completely original. I originally came up with a figure in my mind of $10k to do it all, including the purchase price. I'm well under that, but still need to finish the interior and do the bodywork and paint. I'm sure I'll still be way under my original estimate if I end up doing the body and paint myself as I planned.
    [​IMG]

24. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

well I can tell ya how much I paid for my cars baknthday but it would just be a downer an you wudnt believe it anyway.

oh well here's a few,
    35 plymouth cpe running, $25, 2 1930 A bone 2 dr tub bodies $25 , 32 tub just body w fenders $75, 32,2dr w/o motor $75,[in my avatar] 32 hiboy roadster bare bod, on wheels $325 [expensive].in Ca. late 50,s Oh and in the 80,s I scored my best buy, with a friend we bought a pile of parts which we sold and I kept a deuce rolling bod, so that one was $0

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  25. schwerko

schwerko
    from bristol ct

QUOTE=schwerko;5987751]Did a ''favor'' for a heavy set girl once, to get a rust free car that was in her parents garage for 20 years.....Well worth it![/QUOTE]
    Ha! I should've emphasized the word, ''once''... I did give have to give her an ''actual'' ride it it after it was finished also... Still a pretty good deal!

26. cheveey57

cheveey57

So basically the pattern here seems to be that if you got & built your ride for a low amount then we are all proud to point it out & talk about it. but, if you have paid to much or have way to much into it and then question is rude.
    At shows I talk with plenty of guys that will offer up all the dirt on their ride that they swapped this or bartered this "and threw in a case of beer" what the big deal?
    If you scored a '32 grill for $50 bucks you'd post all over about it, but if you got that same grill for $1,000 then it has to be hush hush for some reason.
    After all does it really matter? You bought it, you spent it, or you built it. As long as you are happy with it, that is ALL tha matters.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

One million dollars...wait, it's 2010, a BILLION dollars. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Attached Files:

28. kingpins

kingpins

reading the comments you would of thought you just asked a bunch of ladies how much they weighed....mine is not as nice as most on here tho.
    my roadster i have 3k in it finished. home made body, $200 steel for the frame,$150 motor from donor car,$400 tires, grade 8 nuts and bolts were the most expensive it seemed like. the rest on misc BS.

29. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

30. Four hundy for starters. Finished, well...... I don't want to depress myself yet. I'm still in therapy

Attached Files: