Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4rod, Mar 2, 2013.

1. ARNIE

ARNIE

Finished my car trailer & built a hitch for the Riv!! IMG_4963.JPG IMG_4961.JPG

2. LOL- I took my younger son with me to Moultrie last fall... a week before Moultrie :p

3. installed pistons, painted camel humps, installed camel humps, cleaned and painted intake manifold...
    2014-07-07 13.24.48.jpg 2014-07-06 20.02.00.jpg

4. I repaired my Genie 401 garage door opener. Not to worry, it's traditional, built in the 60's.
    Cosmo

5. spanners

spanners

Finished putting the 1 1/2 S.U. carbys together for the HAMBster and annoyed the neighbours by trying to get it to start. Succeeded in annoying the neighbours and failed to get the HAMBster running properly. A couple of beers and try again tomorrow.

saltflats likes this.
  6. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Nothin'---it'll have to wait til tomorrow to finish it up, but it kept from yesterday so it should be all right.

saltflats likes this.
  7. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

I cleaned out my sock drawer.

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That's why I always save the old calendars! Every 56 years, they're useable again!
    I lubed all the inner door and window linkage and tracks in my '55 F100, then adjusted the doors, lubed the stainless lock covers.
    The new windows my wife installed work like new again! (revelation)
    I saw something underneath, a leak...Anti freeze, hopefully just a loose lower hose. 104 degrees out, truck is in my front driveway...hood's hotter than a two dollar pistol!
    Have to wait 'til it cools off out there. The suspense is killing me. I know...I'll have a beer. Or 6.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  9. 69fury

69fury

Got the cherry picker out and organized tools neeed to pull the drivetrain from Falcon gasser so i can install frame rails and a cage-then the wife reminded me that she's using the driveway this weekend for a garage sale. damn. -rick.

10. Real life got in the way today..I played like I was a plumber. :mad: HRP

11. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

Mask and painted the ribs on a new set of Edelbrock valve covers. Built a new lever to unlatch the truck lid from under the seat. Replaced the button on a choke pull wire. I love doing this stuff

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Don't shoot the Hotrodprimer: He's half shot now! (old barroom legend)

13. TODAY???? absolutely nothing..but managed to waste a couple of hours reading a thing called "The HAMB"

14. Jim636

Jim636
    from Wyandotte

Looked at the car..........that's it.

15. Me too.

16. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

I laid the second coat of rattle-can metallic paint on suspension parts for my toddler's hot rod wagon yesterday. Today might be the day I fire up the turbine sprayer and paint it red, white and blue

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

saltflats likes this.
  17. Fenders

Fenders

Put on my third set of mufflers.... here's photo of #1 (18" glasspacks) and #2 (26" glasspacks)... now have Thrush Turbos, much better for these old ears, nice low rumble.

Attached Files:

18. 327Eric

327Eric

it was last night, but, uncovered, cleaned, and started to evaluate my Ranchero, FINALLY 59 ranchero.jpg

19. daddio211

daddio211

Far from "done" but I started replacing my Shoebox 's old stock MC with a dual.

Attached Files:

20. Replaced my SBC 350/350 front yoke and tail shaft bushing.
    It had a terrible vibration when I lifted and at a steady 65 mph.
    A prior builder set driveline angle at 4 degrees down at each end.
    It self-destructed at about 300 miles.
    I dialed it in at 4 degrees up on the pinion and 4 degrees down at the Output shaft.
    I have the driveshaft running 2 degrees uphill now. Rebalanced the driveshat too.
    It was pouring sideways last night when I finished and I had to host a club meeting in my shop so maybe later this weekend if the weather clears I will ride down the turnpike to see if my changes and fixes cured this issue.

21. LOL, Danny! With three young children, I am constantly playing plumber... have found dolls, underwear, toys- you name it in the toilet trap :D

22. missysdad1

missysdad1

grease scraping 8.jpg I'm into the "glamorous" part of my '50 F-1 build. We must all be flippin' crazy to think of this as fun...

23. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Cleaned the underside of the coupe today. I ate hotwings for lunch, a cheeseburger & onion rings for supper and now fooling with this pc. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Not much.. been fighting with e mail for days, finally found the right help link...Should be fixed now...Weather great for outside work but no enthusiasm and missed a car show because of no e mail...Rats...

25. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

tried to fit '65 Caddy buckets into my '61 Coupe de Ville. I did not know that the bottom of the seat track on these things was welded to the floor. Since I they did not come with the seats, I have to settle for the bench seat for now. Still, I will be replacing carpet and installing seat belts so the toddler can roll with Daddy in the Caddy.

Attached Files:

26. I had lost the red dot in the high beam indicator in the '54 astrodome speedometer housing and made a new one using a hollow leather punch and a red Jif peanut butter lid and some crazy glue to hold it in place.

Necessity is indeed the mother of invention.

In the photo the red does seem opaque but once the dimmer switch is pressed the plastic becomes translucent and is is very visible. HRP

001.JPG 002.JPG

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  27. Fabricated brackets and installed the rear transmission mount and cross member in the 29 Stude.

28. Started a new English Wheel, for another member.

29. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

Finished rebuilding my trans.
    1407032302554.jpg

30. Bikelessbill

Bikelessbill

Made and welded in trans tunnel in my '54 210. Tomorrow make and weld passenger side rear floor pan.