Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Friday Night & Saturday Morning I put the Rearend back in the 56 Pontiac 2 Door Wagon. Reproduced the Gaskets on the computer and cut them from manila folders on the vinyl cutter. Got it together just in time to take the family out to a kids Birthday Party. Sunday, I mowed, Tilled, Mowed, Started cleaning the pole building, Moved cars, and had a few cold ones. Today....I lost a front rubber brake hose in the driveway. Had just gotten back from a trip to the bank. Had to use the E Brake Stopping power. Lucky the Driveway is 1/4 mile long and I had plenty of time to slow it up before Id hit anything. Pulled the wheel off, have parts ordered. Glad it was now rather than 2 or 4 hours away. Learned how to use the E Brake like that when I picked the car up in LA....gotta think fast like that when youre on the 405 in traffic, and you find that your wheel cylinders have blead out. Such is a Monday!

Ed

2. The Cap'n

The Cap'n
    from Kansas

Mowed the weeds err...lawn, bought a '30 Buick series 60, unloaded the car and all 1000 pieces that go with it, cleaned the driveway/garage of the rust dust and screws from the car, and enjoyed a cold beer.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Spent Sat. at Disneyland, Sunday was spent flying back from L.A. an then tore up part of my back yard deck.

4. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Housework all morning Saturday, ran errands, then went to see "The Ventures" play Saturday night - they sounded good. I hope I have that much energy at that age. Sunday I bought a bunch of Grade 8 hardware at Tractor Supply, then spent the rest of the day trying to find a 1 1/4 socket. Yeah, exciting stuff I know.

5. bigken

bigken

DAVE - you a STARS fan, too? We ought to have a 'rodders watching party' at some dive......
    OH YEA, picked up a used Hurst Competition Plus at the swap meet, Saturday. Installed it yesterday, redrilled the levers on the tranny to shorten the throw. SWEET - it shifts like a new truck, and short throw is very very nice. Reworked the shift handle so it's closer to me, and I don't have to reach in the slightest way, now. It's like new. Dig-it.

6. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

Good weekend. Fab'd the air cleaner for 2 filters . Hammer formed top and bottom.
    Welded up the 20 gallon fuel tank for the shop truck.
    Need to test, paint and mount next.
    MR

7. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

Practiced my braille, and my guitar. Worked on getting my aerosols marked so I can tell what they are, and got the metric tools separated from my standard ones after the move finally. The garage is almost set up, it won't be long.

8. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

Saturday found me sitting in Waukesha, WI at freshmen registration for Carroll College....Fun fun, not...SUNDAY! Drove the Falcon to Jefferson, WI for their bi-annual show and swap meet. I found some hardware for my seats and two used tires for the daily. Because of the weather, though, not as big attendance as usual, even for a Sunday. Must have been only 100 cars there in the Show, and only 5 or 10 that I was really interested in. All in all not too bad of a weekend.

9. Fit the rear fenders on my friend's 40 coupe.

10. We did a LOT of fibreglass repairs on our Mr Ed dragster trailer.
    Since it was posted here, we shortened it by 3 feet,from 23 feet. It had an NOT so good looking roof "extention",that we cut off and replace.
    been 2 weeks since we started this project.
    1939fiat

Attached Files:

11. flatoz

flatoz

12. Ever spend the whole weekend "working" and sit back Sunday night and feel like you got nothing done? Sure, I got some things done. But every time you start one thing you find 3 other things that you need to do...

13. Tried to assemble rearend,only to find that drivers side axle was too long by 1/8",so off to the machine shop today. You'd think when you order a new Strange housing and axles at the same time,they would get it right,oh well. Stripped paint and rust off upper door sills,and fenders of my two door coach.:)

14. [​IMG] Went to the car show in Thomasville Georgia .. Nice show ..