Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Congratulations. HRP

2. Spent the afyernoon with a few hot rod guys,telling lies and eating burgers!:D HRP

[​IMG]

3. Modified a Mustang T5 short throw shifter I picked up for $20 at the Los Lunas, NM swap meet to fit the S-10 tailhousing that I put on the Camaro T5 I'm putting in my '31 A coupe. Seems like there's a million of these short throw units out there for the Mustangs, not so much for the S-10 or Camaro T5s. And of course I found one of the very flathead bellhousings I just bought from another member here, but the one at the swapmeet was only $25 with the correct starter plate and a rusty old starter. So now I own two of them. We spent 6 1/2 hours at the swapmeet, great weather and lotsa cool stuff.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Rolled the '12 T out and started it for the first time in 17 years! Best part was letting my 4 year old grandson drive it. Bob

IMG_5135.JPG

Daniels Auto Repair, pat59 and cretin like this.
  5. A little OT, but we are just about to head out onto the open road (think Steppenwolf "born to be wild" IMG_1475938256.437042.jpg

LOU WELLS, lbcd and pat59 like this.
  6. In Mo. at a SM class on beadrollers and power hammer . Bringing a new hammer home with me . Blue
    IMG_1242.JPG

7. Had a big tidy up in the workshop and made a tool to help cutting off bolts and setscrews square and also a tool to put rounded ends on brackets and chassis tags for use with my 18" bench sander (yes I said 18").

Well, I say "tools", they're just lengths of mild steel bar with a bunch of threaded holes at various intervals.

8. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Cruising in the area around Princeton IL, at the Lions Club Toys for Tots drive, following an IH pickup.
    [​IMG]

And cleaned up some more stuff in the garage, getting ready for winter.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

LOU WELLS likes this.
  9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Still trying to convince myself that brushing Rustoleum Marine grade enamel on my T Bucket frame is a good idea.:confused:

wingnutz likes this.
  10. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

I'm a loser today and watched football. But all this week I attended an amazing metalshaping class and meet.... learned a shitload!

11. IMG_1244.JPG Picked up my new hammer .

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got my big Hershey find in the garage, '39 Ford cab. Bob DSCF5219.JPG

Stogy and LOU WELLS like this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Baked a pie, in a sad attempt to suck up to my wife after spending all day yesterday at a swap meet.:D:rolleyes:

LOU WELLS and pat59 like this.
  14. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Finished cleaning up from hurricane Mathew.

15. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Homemade or frozen?

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Home-made baby, even used real pumpkin, none of that canned shit here!;) My belief is the return is in direct proportion to the effort, and not just in hot rods!:)

JOYFLEA and tfeverfred like this.
  18. Rodders

Rodders

Took the old points distbuter out of the 33 and then put the new hei in.

19. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

After gearhead yoga over and under pop-in-laws beloved '63 Nova yesterday, had a long engagement with fix-its on my daily whip- renewed subscription on fuel filter (underbody) and spark plugs, cleaned up oil from a returming leak. Reminded myself of other fix-its it needs, as my '57 watched from the jackstands.

20. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

From yesterday... he'd found the gifted M/T valve covers' bolt holes are wider than his stock pair; stock pair has no oil cap hole, stock intake has the filler neck while the Eddy - Brock doesn't, so the Eddybrock intake I 'coated for him will wait for the next SBC we'll build for it.
    Removed super tight exhaust mani to replace the plugs (have restored set to replace them). More to come on reviving his car.

Attached Files:

21. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Got the beams laid out for my new carport. 0902161257[1].jpg

The37Kid and falcongeorge like this.
  22. jailbar joe

jailbar joe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    wired up my headlights.....and they work:D
    [​IMG]
    and assembled my dash with my speedhut speedo....but a good mate wired it up for me

treb11, LOU WELLS and JOYFLEA like this.
  23. Moved a bunch of stuff out of the shop . Pushed my COE project out and unloaded the new hammer . Very heavy and had to take it in sidewards then stand it up . Got one of the arms on and remembered I needed to put some big rubber cushions under the corners and bolt it down . While I'm at it I'm doing a full fall shop clean .
    IMG_1256.JPG IMG_1257.JPG

Stephen Barrett likes this.
  24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Primed my frame. Tomorrow...... COLOR!:)

25. rab71

rab71

I went and picked up a frame for my Fordor build. Going to use a TT frame as it is a lot more beefy. If you are looking for parts check out lonepinemodelt.com Ron has a ton of stuff. More T than A parts but a bit of both.

Attached Files:

26. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

IMG_0318.JPG It has cooled off sufficiently so the garage is somewhat bearable. So today after the Vintage Chevrolet Club swap meet I bolted on the rear bumper jewelry I've been holding onto since late spring.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  27. Tell me about it... I'm on the shelf for another couple of months after a triple bypass on 10/1. Good luck to you!

28. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I waited for a friend to call me in the morning till 2 pm...Then i went off to depot with the dog picked some 2x2 for me and took puppy to the woods..He turned 14 Friday, got to get him a B'day toy..Back home made stakes out of the wood and a half assed fence up by the road..Stupid leaves are getting blown all around but not away..

29. IMG_1264.JPG
    Finished putting this monster together and filled the arms and upright support with 20 bags of sand .
    Then played with it a little , roughed in this MC gas tank half in about 45 minutes .
    IMG_1265.JPG
    Now I have to put my shop back in place . Then back to body work on the COE . I hate paint bodywork . Blue

LOU WELLS, saltflats and clunker like this.
  30. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

stayed in bed. been raining for over 24 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.