Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

image.jpeg My son came over and we mounted up my rears and put them on. I like it!

2. My 1921 T Modified has a 347 Pontiac engine and three speed gearbox. After reassembly, the clutch wouldn't disengage and, as suspected, I'd fitted clutch plate the wrong way round. Removed the gearbox and managed to unbolt the clutch cover without removing the bellhousing (the rear engine mounts are on the bellhousing), the cover and plate fell straight out and onto my little finger guillotine style. Wish I'd been working on my O/T car. Pontiac parts must weigh ten times what the equivalent 2CV parts weigh. Currently icing my little finger and hoping it's not broken ;-(

3. Old2New

Old2New

Woke up, woke the kids up, going to church, coming home to clean the house. Having the inlaws come over for dinner. Out of enerfy drinks so had to make black sludge that tasts like soggy cigar and asphalt "coffee" but it's the ceffeine I need so screw it.
    Inlaws.....................

Daniels Auto Repair likes this.
  4. I usually have four or five pints of 5% beer before seeing my in-laws. Takes the edge off...

5. Old2New

Old2New

Will gladly try next time.

6. funny....worked on the new shop lights....you know it's cheaper just to buy a new fixture....kinda why I've had these new ballasts sitting around for 20 yrs....installed three today....still have a few new ones to go....

7. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Worked at removing the allclad finish and then priming a hood I had made for the Coupe. Had to be custom as the spread from the model a cowl to the 32 shell is 35" rather than the normal 31 - 31 1/2". Made out of .0032 aluminum sheet that only covers the top. The sides remain open....can't decide if I like it or not.....time will tell.

8. Mudgy

Mudgy

Swept up....... groundhog day. Making room for the next list of "those little jobs" which seem to always turn into big ones..... ah well, getting there I suppose ! I must be a sucker for the phrase, "we love a challenge"

9. Sunday... went body surfing and tweaked my back a bit. Took the Ford grocery shopping. Loud as it is.. almost nobody looks when I go by. The cops don't look either.

Last night, fixed my oil leak at the gauge. I had some stack up of brass pieces, fixed one leak, got another. So out it came, used a galvanized pipe nipple and a matching tee. Hooked up the gauge and idiot light, no more leak.

Brainstormed a bit about making a shroud, got to go shopping at Mc Master Carr later on. Ordered a Proto drag link socket which should be here by the weekend.

10. Mounted my spare (refurbished/repaired) 6AL box to the tool bag tray that ClutchDumpinDan made me.

[​IMG]

11. Finished building and installed cab corners. Still need to metal finish and lead . Next door skins .
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

12. Worked 'till noon, came home and cleaned the work benches, put tools away and tried my new steering shaft U-joint for the 34.....it's gonna be perfect. Looked for my 3/16ths spring pins. Damn! I KNOW I have an old pill bottle full of them but damned if I can find em......

bobss396 and Daniels Auto Repair like this.
  13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Went to paint the rims I will be installing on my 55 Ford but the primer I sprayed on showed all the imperfections layers of paint hid so I have some work to do getting them to look better. Should have bought new rims as I would have been done but wanted to use original 5 inch wide on the front.

14. Reread my Zips riser instructions about nine times. Well heck the way I wanted it may have been causing the Ac belt to whip. Their way may have fixed that. It's hot in the garage so maybe Friday afternoon I'll know for sure. Made an alternator brace sorta like they said.

15. Just finished for the day . Sitting on back porch and drinking a cold one and graced by this . Life is good !
    image.jpeg

16. My drag link socket showed up... 2 day delivery from Zoro Tools. My deck lid, the gasket is shot and it was banging around.. annoying as hell. My bro was over, we did a better alignment on the lid and made up some interim cushioning pads out of a pool noodle.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sheetrock jack arrived, and I installed the first sheet in my garage. Nice one man operation. Now I have to move another 4x8 area of stuff for the next sheet. It took 38 years to fill the garage so this project will take some time. Bob

Daniels Auto Repair and JOYFLEA like this.
  18. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469146111.730918.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469146124.215312.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469146135.814944.jpg

I started putting color on some of the coupe parts! Nice to see some parts in final finish.

Daniels Auto Repair and JOYFLEA like this.
  19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got some color on the rims that will be going on my sunliner,if its nice tomorrow I will paint the fronts.

Attached Files:

20. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

It was 109 in my garage today. I didn't do s**t!

21. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

I hear that...some progress, the heat has brought the ot work flooding in, but I have been sneaking in a little time.

IMG_20160722_182229_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160722_182250_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160722_182318_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160722_182334_hdr.jpg

Still have quite a way to go

Ford52PU and falcongeorge like this.
  22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Pulled the tired engine out of my Bantam without crawling under it! Pulled the floor board, undid the tranny mount and clutch linkage from above, pulled the tilt front end off and slid the whole enchilada out the front. New engine ready to go after some firewall and frame cleanup. Got started at 6am, done by 8. Still a full Sunday ahead to play!

tiltfront.jpg

23. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finished sand blasting the body on my '36 project and shot it with epoxy primer, inside/out & top/bottom.
    [​IMG]

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got the painted rims on my 55

Attached Files:

Ford52PU and Daniels Auto Repair like this.
  25. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

For the most part I am working on customer muscle car stuff:(. But I just came across this thread and read the whole thing. First off lots of nice projects going on! Second it seems way to many of you drink to much coffee and spend a lot of time in the bath room! It 's nice to know I am not alone:rolleyes:!! lol Larry

26. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Lol...too much coffee here for sure...my house has 2 bathrooms, one only has a urinal....in a house full of women, guaranteed no waiting.

27. Raining here the past few days, so really not into sitting in a muggy garage at 90* and 95% humidity. Had the '59 Ford out between the rain drops. Coming out of a store, some guy is looking at my Ford.. asks me if it is a '48... I told him he sure knows his Fords...

28. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

Got up, got kids and wife ready.
    got to Shop, got my guys going on their projects for the day.
    Sat down read E-mails, wrote Quotes
    9:30am
    started working on 1960 Chevy Apache Dakota Digital dash conversion.
    9:32 phone rings have to put out fires
    got back on the Dash for about 5 mins got stuck on the phone again for 20 mins
    Got my guys some parts from NAPA to get out of the shop and away from phone for 10 mins
    Got back at the Dash for like 3 mins and got interrupted with a quote to build a 59 F100
    Ate Lunch.

Finally after getting some new tuning software and some upgraded Dyno software for our chassis dyno got back at the Dash project.

Got it wired up and ready to install in the truck, now we are headed to a roll in at a local bar, time to Unwind and have a beer. Then It will be back at it in the morning. Maybe just maybe Ill get that 60 fired up tomorrow ...

Daniels Auto Repair and pat59 like this.
  29. The Kalaheo Kid

The Kalaheo Kid
    from Kauai, HI

30. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

took a ride in 32 to the Atlantic Ocean 20160731_194602.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.