Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sometimes we just gotta thin the herd to get back on track, I've been selling of some projects also. HRP

classiccarjack likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF9558.JPG DSCF9559.JPG With the '39 Project gone look at all that floor space! There are boxes on that folding table and in the back corner along with a full attic. If I spent one hour a night sorting through them, keepers, scrap, classifieds, wood stove, dump, the winter would go by a lot quicker. Then there is the finish the sheetrock, new back window & door project...............… Bob

3. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That old vet probably has less time to kill than do you. I suspect you made his day. Good for you!

4. You are so lucky! I would love to spend any amount of time talking to a WWII veteran!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

j hansen and classiccarjack like this.
  5. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

It was mutual. I look up to those that are older than I am. He has seen more things, and lived through some tough times.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

The37Kid likes this.
  6. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

It took about 3 months to set it up.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF9567.JPG Found this 8 inch diameter cannon ball in the garage clean out today. Still can't find the heater for the '39 Pickup. :confused:Bob

8. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

If you look for something else, you will find it... LOL. It works for me...

9. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Here's a hot old Volvo project we built for a customer, finished it up this fall(nerf bar idea for ya). It runs as good as it looks.

[​IMG]

Oh yea, I didn't do shit today - rode the motorcycle today (about a hundred miles). Don't judge me ... it was in the 40's in January in Pennsylvania !

10. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Had a old friend stop by and drop off a bunch of Ol' FE parts and did some bench racing......laying the groundwork for a future team effort race-only Nostalgia drag car.....hope we don't miss the newest big thing....

Max Gearhead likes this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

If I hadn't placed a 8 foot tall step ladder on the floor last night and blocked the view of it I would have found it under the Roadster 8 hours ago. :mad::mad: Bob DSCF9568.JPG

12. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Hey... You found it!

Yeah I have this happen too. You remember seeing it, waste a lot of time looking for it, then it finally is found. So frustrating!

13. WTF really

WTF really

Saved a Herbrand toolbox from not good caretakers. Got it off craigslist for $30.00 Screenshot_20190106-211017_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190106-211022_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190106-211131_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190106-211137_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190106-211212_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190106-211215_Gallery.jpg

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  14. The37Kid

The37Kid

The killer is the book, magazine or magazine ad that gets sold on (that auction site) and gets misplaced. I'll send a note to the buyer, explaining it is misplaced, most times they understand, but I still feel like a jerk. Then it turns up within arms reach of this keyboard 99.9% of the time. :confused::confused: Bob

15. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Don't you love C.R.S. when these moments come? Man, if I could only get a dollar for everytime I misplace something....

The37Kid likes this.
  16. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Jigged up a 9" housing to finish welding the ladder bar brackets , had lunch with the guys, came home did honey do's for the wife...Good day in my book:D

UNSHINED 2 and WTF really like this.
  17. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

worked on putting bed on my truck. DSCF7085.JPG

18. 13 months of ownership and my first time really under the 57 p/u, surprised to see air shocks and a painted up th400. Some newer lines ran, albeit a little loopy and kinked, wonder when it ran last.
    Disconnected everything except the brake line in preparation to pull the rear end as soon as the new perch/U-bolt kit shows up. This was so much better than remodeling the shop bathroom. 20190106_135005.jpg 20190106_144045.jpg 20190106_153837.jpg

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  19. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Given that it was raining about 6-inches-a-minute, sideways, I stayed in, and shopped for a box online, and cleaned the whole house.

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Crap Gimpy, I didn't know you moved to Oregon;)

21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Flew to Waikiki Hawaii - 48 degrees with rain & wind at home - Sunny 83 degrees when arrived

22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Yeah my garage flooded a bit, not too bad, because the drains are all plugged. So that's on my list for tomorrow. Better than bitching about drought I guess. More on the way.

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think Oregon moved here!

Water beats fire. We really need the rain.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  24. Bob, are you sure you have a cannonball and not a dinosaur egg? :D

Seriously, what era is the cannonball? that's a cool piece of history. HRP

25. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, since you asked, I'll tell ya...
    Last week my truck throws a check engine light, so I hook my reader up and it shows the DEF tank heater is "no bueno por caca". Still under warrantee, so make appointment with my fav Ford dealer and run it out to Hanford (about 40 miles from Fresno) and drop it off...service manager calls this morning and says its done and ready to go...BUT...the mechanic gave the truck the once over and noticed the aftermarket double shock steering stabilizer ( installed by me) has a broken U bolt and is dangerous to drive...so I say, no problem, I'll bring tools and remove the shock till I get home then repair as needed. So I get there, pay the deductable, grab my keys and head out the door with the service manager reminding me that the stabilizer needs to be repaired ASAP...no problem, I'll pull over, off the lot and take care of it...get out the driveway and find a nice high curb to pull the driverside tire up on for ground clearance, look underneath and realize I can just tie it up out of the way till I get home, easy peasy...I pull my key out of ignition, open up tailgate, grab a bungee cord, back under front and 15 secs later its strapped up and ready for the trip home...jump up in the cab, no key...check the door pockets, between seat and console, back seat, under the truck, all my pockets, ignition switch, again, no key...oh yeah, had to open tailgate, must be in the bed...nope...go completely thru the truck a second, then a third time and rechecked the ignition switch, hell I even went around to the passenger door to get a better look at the ignition switch...nope...still not there...CRAP CRAP CRAP...I know now, I need to call Paulette and have her bring the spare key...40 miles...reach for my phone...no phone...search the whole truck over 2 more times, the same places I looked for the missing key...still no phone or key for that matter...I look under the truck one more time and there it is in all its glory teetering on the edge of a storm drain, and teetering is the correct word here, another 1/4" and down the drink it would go...with the utmost of caution, I retrieve the phone and realize the key must be in the storm drain...set my phone to flashlight mode to look in but its too deep and dark to see...CRAP...so I make the call and just as I figured, this didn't go swimmingly with the little princess....she says alright be there in about 2 hrs...Paulette its only about 40 mins away...I HAVE TO TAKE THE DOG FOR A WALK FIRST, DAMMIT...OK, OK, OK, well hurry as much as you can. Hang up and spot a manhole cover right over the storm drain, that looks as if it hasnt been opened in at least 40 years, try pulling up but its stuck so I grab a screwdriver out of my limited supply of tools and scrape as much caked in dirt around the seam as possible, stick my finger in the hole and pull...stuck and aint budgin, i'm tearin my truck apart for anything I can use to lift this manhole cover...look in the bed and there it is, the rod for deploying the awning on our travel trailer...5/16" rod about 4' long with a hook on one end and a tee handle on the other...stick the hook in, pull a couple times...stuck...jump up and down on the lid about a dozen times, pull and up the lid comes...look down in the hole and there they are, about 6' down, my keys...mind you, all the car salesmen have gathered at the edge of the lot, apparently trying to figure out what this lunatic is doing, tearing his truck up and jumping up and down on the sidewalk like a mad man...so, I lay down on the sidewalk and reach down with the awning rod, hook my keys and out they come...put all the shit back in my truck I tossed out, lookin for my keys, then my phone...fire it up and head home...CRAP, call Paulette back and she answers, "WHAT NOW!"....uh, you dont have to come sweetie, I found the keys, to which she says, ok sweetie, luv ya, see ya when ya get home....get home, still time to go out in the shop and get some work done, what could possibly go wrong now............take 2 steps, drop my phone and shatter the screen....and THAT'S what I did today.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  26. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yikes ! What a day !

27. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Well compared to Ron's my day was absolutely perfect!!!! lol Larry

28. Sold My entire hoard of old (more than 25 years old) motorcycles & parts. Worked on the engine swap in my OT Motorcycle hoard 010.JPG 81 chevy wrecker. Got the engine running on a small tank suspended from the hood latch. and let the fuel pump do its job and emptied both tanks dry of the old stale gas. then circulated fresh gas that has chemtool and STP gas treatment thru the tanks.

classiccarjack and Jalopy Joker like this.
  29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Fluid and filter change in the trans in the convertible,I also put the original to the trans valve body back in and it shifts like it should. Still trying to figure out why no third when it was in Florida but maybe it did not want to come home to the cold.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  30. Got back to the United Pacific '33 fender dilemma and trimmed the driver's side to fit. Other than not being sedan fenders as represented; the bolt holes fit the rear pan and Drake boards perfectly. Welded some new anchor nuts on the inside of my Model A rear cross-sill and then welded the two pieces together again. Finished fitting a Weedetr U-bolt eliminator to my flat cross member and welded it on; then trimmed some excess stuff off some Buick backing plates.
    IMG_20190107_154037 (Medium).jpg IMG_20190107_154047 (Medium).jpg rear cross sill.jpg front cross member.jpg Buick plates 1.jpg

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.