Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

image.jpg Nothing aaccomplished in the car arena. I did put up my ancient Gates fanbelt racks from a long defunct service station.

I was a bit bored and needed a new hatrack.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    MyCrustyVW and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. Started fitting the front fenders on my COE . Right side had been hit hard . Lots on metal work . Blue
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

3. my47buicksuper

my47buicksuper
    from sunny fl.

The bumper looks great, cool hat rack and a coe ! Those are so cool I don't ever see them here in FL. Ever! I want one to make a car hauler out of it but my wife said no more toys

Jet96 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  4. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I got about half of this disaster cleaned up today. It's a start. At least I can get the drivers door open without hitting something. Now if I can get the next level cleared out I can get to my cabinets so I can get to my parts. Oh the humanity!

Dammit, pic won't load. Well, trust me. My garage is a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Man, this reminds me of work. I'm a software developer and every morning we have a meeting where we all stand around in a circle and talk about what we did yesterday and what we plan to do today, as well as any "blockers" or issues that will prevent us from getting our plan accomplished.

Anyway, yesterday, I went to a United Way car show (pretty good turnout, a couple of guys with '50 shoebox Fords like mine so we all three compared notes a little bit) and hung out with my wife's family, today was church and working in the garage so I can work on my shoebox without having to step over 20 different things (golf bag, books in boxes from our move, etc.)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  6. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Exactly right, each has to self motivate, and account to their peers in an open format. Our natural aversion to being embarrassed will act as its own motivator... Dang, I read too much.

7. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Got up yesterday and drove 2 hours with my 81 year old dad (my pit crew) to compete in the FAST time trials in Santa Maguerita. Yup, still have the slowest car at the event.
    Didnt take many pics cuz mostly same cars as always, but, this guy showed up and, man, this car was bad ass.
    Today I machined a cam bearing driver for my 21 stud flathead im in the process of building.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  8. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Today I rearranged the house so I can fit this in there.....

20160708_095849.jpg

Never used one......Can't be that hard, right....:eek:o_O:):p

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I think it looks crooked

10. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sold my motorcycle that I've had for over 10 years, bad shoulder forced the sale, my ( ex) brother in law has wanted it for quite awhile, I made him a discount price plus sent a bunch of motorcycle gear home with him that I will never use again. He and his wife were more than in laws, they were good friends when I needed them!!
    Now.............that's off thread, but I now have cash and that might help me make a deal on a Model A touring car I have been waiting to see for almost a year, we can only hope:)

11. Took apart my T spring and took apart my A spring, and didn't get killed in the process. :). Took the top leaf of my A spring and reassembled my t spring with the A leaf on top With a new hardened square head bolt. Mounted the new assembly onto my frame. And then mounted my 8 inch housing to the spring. and cleaned up a bit. :)

Jet96, Ron Funkhouser and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  12. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Drove up to see Ted tb33anda3rd, his drive way is all torn up by a '32 Ford guy looking for a rumored lost 3Window. Looked at a real nice pair of doors for a future project I'll never finish. You can never have enough unfinished projects. Helped mount a new rear tire on a HAMB friendly tractor, and took home a few boxes of unwanted parts. I did spend a few minutes thinking about my projects that haven't seen any progress on the drive home. It was a very nice day. Bob

14. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Sat morning I got up and got moving. I had to go to a Visitation of a great friend that served in WWII, and spent the next nearly 60 years serving in Church Ministries all over the world with his wife of 63 years.
    Then I was off to mentor a new ministry leader as she lead a group of 10 volunteers in our local Adopt A Block Ministry for her first time (she did a great job). We also had a second active ministry with 6 volunteers serving that I needed to mentor over. I got home from those activities about 1:30. The wife and I went for a short ride in the coupe for Ice Cream, then I stuck in a short nap before church. After Church my wife and I were joined by my adult daughter for a meal. My wife and I took a ride through our local park, and spent the rest of the evening watching TV.
    This morning I caught up on some paper work while my wife slept in a bit. We had breakfast, went for a ride in the coupe through our park, then went home and sat in our porch swing and enjoyed the rest of the morning. This afternoon we took a ride in the coupe up into WI, through Beloit, then through Janesville, and up through Edgerton. We ended up in Rockford for supper and got home around 8 pm, 170+ miles in all. I've been catching up on emails and the Hamb since.
    The only car stuff I've done all weekend was cruising in the coupe. Gene

15. Mudgy

Mudgy

You're dead right, mate. Small load = small gauge wire. Big load = heavier wire gauge. Horses for courses.

Cheers, Mudgy (an ex- auto electrician) :)

16. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Today,I have been ot mechanic all day today, every time I look around, here comes another car... Tonight I am gutting the last of the interior of my 38, and hopefully finish the frame table.

Ron Funkhouser and JOYFLEA like this.
  17. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good man....another not afraid to tackle a job that can be a little intimidating.

18. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Quarter windows from my 38...

IMG_20160711_220007_hdr.jpg

Must have been her last show

IMG_20160711_220020_hdr.jpg

JOYFLEA likes this.
  19. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Firewall was replaced long ago, as was front of trans tunnel....must have been a hard crash. All welding appears to be braze. Floorpan has some cracking around some of the mounts, but not much rust... IMG_20160712_160629_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20160712_160659_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160712_160755_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160712_160732_hdr.jpg

All filler was lead, no telling how long ago.

Can U Tig it? likes this.
  20. blackanblue

blackanblue

Cruse in the 52 gmc sunday for breakfast front brakes locked up, so got to check maybe adjust rear drums simple right,,not . Jack rear up for ajust and rear wheel is covered with oil , bad, thinking wheel cylinder not, axle seal so drain pot , new seals new lube 8.75 for seals,plus 75/90 and , all is good now. What a pain but should be good for a while.

bobss396 and Daniels Auto Repair like this.
  21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Waiting for the brown truck to bring my custom radius rods. I HATE waiting for the brown truck!:mad:

Daniels Auto Repair likes this.
  22. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

not much today but spoke with the man at Van Pelt flathead parts about early Ford tranny parts swapping. VERY informative. Helped my wife clear the cookie sheet of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Somehow the count was off.

23. Monday night we got the timing set on the Ford, wound up removing the vacuum advance line and did total timing 38* @ 3000 RPMs. I was a bystander, my brother and good friend Neil did the hard part. My bog is gone and it runs much better.

24. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Sanding Sanding Sanding. I am not a fan of body work. I hope to get the coupe into final prime during my days off starting tomorrow.

Daniels Auto Repair and JOYFLEA like this.
  25. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

20160713_183038.jpg I picked this bad boy up today and got it set up and ready for some frame work...

26. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

I worked late on the ot stuff...got a nap...now gonna get a few hours of stripping on the 38. I did manage to get it inside before the thunderstorms got started.

27. Dodging the rain here too, gotta gas up the '59 to keep an eye on the fuel gauge, see how far it's off. Watching a NOS dash gauge on eBay but its getting up there in $$$. Sender in tank is new.

28. Can U Tig it?

Can U Tig it?
    from Central PA

Time to finish the coffee, go outside and cut & weld somethin. Working on an inner windshield frame for my homebuilt. Keep em' rollin!

29. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Not much done today.Still a bit under the weather.About 7:30 this AM,BAM,BAM on the front door.Good God Miss Agnes,who stirs around at that hour?Hollered just a minute.Staggered to the front door with my cane.A friend had shown up and he had 500 lbs of pure lead for me.We loaded it into the back of my truck,and I asked him how much?
    He says Merry Christmas.Now that`s my kind of wake up call.That was $500.00 bucks worth of goodies.Vehicle work today.Nada.Too damn hot.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

30. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I got up and started on my 40 Ford pickup project/396- Turbo 350-9 inch rear...... FUN IN KIMBERLY 2016 010.JPG

JOYFLEA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.