Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What Cool Stuff Are You Guys Doing With Your Old Flathead Cylinder Heads?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GreaserJosh13, Apr 27, 2020.

1. GreaserJosh13

GreaserJosh13
    from Chino

Hey guys. I’m organizing my parts pile & I have some extra Flathead Cylinder Heads. I know most people are using aftermarket aluminum heads so the original ones aren’t really easy to sell, which got me to thinking. What if I made some kind of yard art or garage art with them. At least that way they would be doing something besides sitting under a work bench or in a shed for eternity. So let’s see what you guys have done with these old pieces of heavy iron. The more pictures the better.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

They make excellent door stops .:) Seriously

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    GreaserJosh13 likes this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

But I sold off my sets years ago. So no door stop for me .:(

4. Blake 27

Blake 27

Something like this? DSC03101.JPG

5. Yeah....what ever happen to that girl that was collecting flat heads for a garden path ? Think I gave her a few and never heard from again............

6. Use one as a base for an Atomic Age style lamp. Wire the sparkplug holes for candelabra size bulbs and some sort of main light on a stalk from the big coolant nipple for a large bulb with loops around it like an 'atom' maybe or 2 or 3 of those conical desk lamps on the flexible goosenecks. Add the acorn nuts and reserve a couple of bolt holes for toggle switches or on/off push buttons. Use your imagination. :p

7. GreaserJosh13

GreaserJosh13
    from Chino

Cool Clock!!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. jaracer

jaracer

My favorite race track had a bar called the Torsion Bar. there was a step down to the main level and the steps were old flat head heads set on rods and part of the hand rail was a crankshaft. Wish I had pictures.

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

@Kiwi Kev place he has them as paver stones. :cool:

10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I made a set of boring plates out of a pair of stockers. Good use for them I thought.