Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What Clear Tape To Seal Windshield And Cowl Vent?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Oct 9, 2017.

1. trailers are for horses.......

porkshop and D-Russ like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

helps keep their cowl vent and windshield from leaking - - point being is that if you want dry gotta do what ya gotta do to achieve that goal - good working windshield wipers, good tires, etc really help too

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Peanutbutter...Scotch Magic Tape..Vertually clear once on, can magic marker color to hide gap ...Holds up to water, wiping, wind pretty well.

D-Russ likes this.
  4. I did a little experimenting this evening and it looks like we have a winner. Electrical tape goes on really easy, has enough stretch and flex to match contours, and comes off super easy with no left over residue. And I already have some!

lothiandon1940 and upspirate like this.
  5. Budget36

Budget36

Never had luck like that, suggest you put it on now, see what it looks like in the morning...I'm thinking it'd curl up, I'm also thinking it'd curl up while driving and start coming off.

But heck, if it works, please post back.

upspirate and D-Russ like this.
  6. And guys who don't want to drive in the rain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He'd still be driving in the rain, wouldn't he?

Just a different vehicle.

upspirate likes this.
  8. @D-Russ Dave, I have done exactly what you are planning with the electrical tape. Just make sure you put it on when the car is dry. If you try to put it on after it get wet that stuff wont stick at all.

lothiandon1940 and D-Russ like this.
  9. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Try Saran Wrap.

10. I go to a sign guy and buy some 3M sign tape the same color as my deuce as they make it in all kinds of colors. I cut it in strips to what ever I am going to need. Goes on great & comes right off. It is what they use for making signs for like on the side of your doors on trucks. I use it at Bonneville to keep the salt from going down inside my doors. Works great!

D-Russ likes this.
  11. interesting.........i have heard about "guys" like that........:D:cool:

12. Clear Flex Seal...order now..just 19.95...second roll FREE....Hahaha

13. Try bullfrog painters tape - clean release, encapsulated by several coats of plastidip. If you provide several generous layered coatings a plastic dip it will peel and remove amazingly well. Not leaving a residue. Just one or two coats will be a bear to get off. The more coat the better for removal

Also, 3M makes a great fine line tape that I've seen others use for laying out stripes. It is blue, very stretchy and I found it to remove very cleanly.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

D-Russ likes this.