Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What are you working on?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Bring beer And a wheel chair, that’s the only way i could make it across the yard to the shop:D

2. Who said anything about taking you to the garage? Me and Colin are gonna sit out there and drink your beer while you're unable to stop us! :p:D

3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

4. He's gonna be the 6 million dollar man when he heals up, I guess we better tread lightly :D

5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Scotty, Lloyd says you're probably "fakin' it" just to get out doing a little work:p.

6. I wish i was faking it!:p

7. Just the six dollar man:D

8. He hurt his back by drinking regular beer, not the light beer! Lmao!

enloe, hotrodjack33, lumpy 63 and 3 others like this.
  9. Ah, won't be long and you'll be back at it ol buddy. Happens to the best of us.

10. That might be what happened:)

11. I knew it! My fault for sending you that Kentucky beer!

12. A six pack is the most i could lift now so i’ll have to get some good stuff

13. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Been working on the 59 Vette recently, Got it licensed and insured this week and the glass guy installed the windshield yesterday. Took it out for some street miles today . The freshly built 12 bolt is nice and quiet The new Mcleod clutch works great. Best of all when I stab the throttle it's a freakin E ticket ride:cool: great day in my book.

14. Seems like I am working on a little bit of everything lately. I ended up with a barely OT Mercury last weekend helping my wife’s friend not lose her house, so am trying to get it going and for sale. Also working on a late 60’s C10 for a guy at work. And, working on my cars and my kids cars. Some days I wonder why I don’t just drive something late model... :rolleyes:

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

Just trying to figure out the black art known as Upholstery.

David Gersic, BJR, scotty t and 6 others like this.
  16. wvenfield

wvenfield

Converting a long bed C-10 into a short bed C-10.

1truck.jpg 2truck.jpg 3truck.jpg 4truck.jpg 5truck.jpg 6truck.jpg

Original paint buffed and waxed.

enloe, Roothawg, RMR&C and 10 others like this.
  17. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I've done a couple of those:D

18. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 302 long block is finally back from the machine shop. The AOD is done as well. Just need some nicer weather so I can roll the Wagon out of the shop to install the EMS floor boards and then install the new engine/trans.
    302 long block.jpg

RMR&C, osage orange, scotty t and 3 others like this.
  19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Springs on the front axle of my '39 Chev gasser have settled since I finished it about 2 years ago. So it was sitting slightly low in front. At least lower than the rear stance, so time for a new set of springs. Ordered new springs and got them a week ago, but too cold to want to get to the shop until yesterday. With high around mid 50's I got out and began dropping the axle.
    The new donor spring packs are shorter eye to eye than existing spring main leaf, so I eliminated the main leaf, and took all the others and made up a new pack reusing the original main leaf. Left the main leaf hanging on the car, and used the centering pin and C clamp to assemble the packs in place. The U bolts were too short for the thicker spring pack, but I expected that, so I purchased new U bolts. They are much too long, so had to cut 2" off them, and they're still a good 1.5" longer than I need, but at least they're not below the axle beam.
    Got the new springs bolted in, and the axle installed, and the stance is 2" higher now, so gives the old Chevy a nicer stance. Still need to rework the shock mounts as they bolt to the spring plate, and it's 1.5" lower now, so the shocks are too short. At least the mount can be reworked off the car, and bolted on later, so no big deal.
    Wont be able to get a good look at the stance until the weather gets dry! It's warmer, but still rainy here.

[​IMG]

20. Got an intake from @lumpy 63 and after 3 days of cleaning the rtv off of it, I got my car running again. BBC is being delayed another year due to my current new home construction, but I've got the 350th back from the shop, fresh and ready to go, and a 2200ish converter. Gotta get ready for the Hot Rod Reunion trip coming up. 20230302_180808.jpg

enloe, RMR&C, Tickety Boo and 7 others like this.
  21. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can’t show photos …. Some parts are too new . My Sons 1/2 mile dirt car he runs at Perris Auto Speedway. Last race was in Bakersfield Ca in October where he drove on “ice” for 2 nights and the right rear of the car fell in love with the outside wall. Still placed 7th & 8th out of 15..
    All the bent parts are fixed or replaced and it’s ready to go and ready to race.. Our LSR roadster is near ready and I’ve got a room for the 75th Bonneville Speed Week. Thinking of changing the MC to a smaller diameter for a better mechanical advantage.. our Grandson is planning on driving and I’m giving him the best we’ve got.

22. 65type1

65type1

Back to working on the floor.
    1ED99A47-13D1-4DC6-BABF-F043DF313B79.jpeg CCA54696-78CF-4628-889D-ABBD8C6C7331.jpeg

23. gene-koning

gene-koning

Working on a bunch of little odds & ends that shouldn't really add up to the amount of time invested. We have 2 cars in my 2 car garage, so that means there isn't much room to do anything constructive on either on. One of the two is my wife's OT car, so I really don't want to do anything to it it doesn't have to have done, the other is the coupe. I did do a tune up and oil change on it, other wise, its just taking up garage space in the heated garage.

My truck is my daily driver, it sits outside in the cold and snow. There are a few things I would like to do with it, but I can't really tie it up incase I need to go somewhere, and the idea of working on it in the cold isn't very entertaining. I'm turning into a wimp in my old age! If I have a day I can work on the truck, by the time I play musical cars and get the truck into the garage and it gets warmed up, my ambition has left. I'm getting lazy too.

We have had several nice days this winter, and I have taken advantage of them and worked on the truck when I got the chance, but mostly, we got a nice day or two, then a storm and cold weather until the next nice day or two. I have managed to get most of the little things on the list done on the truck. The next big thing is a bed cover. I have a "sort of" appointment with the bed cover guy, for "as soon as the weather gets nice." He is working outside too. Spending money is tight until the bed cover is paid for. I have money set aside for it, but if it goes much over the estimated price range, things could be tight for a while. Once past the bed cover, I can progress on the other things on the list, depending on cash flow.
    I'm pretty much in a holding pattern right now, watching the days click off of the calendar. Come on Spring!

24. Steve More

Steve More

EBDD74F5-D541-4F9A-9F5B-D445DFA2096A.jpeg
    At the moment just starting on this rust free 50 Ford I just picked up

RMR&C, osage orange, scotty t and 4 others like this.
  25. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Gathering parts for a new truck build next year . I have the big block and transmission. waiting on the rest of this. It's going to have a 8-71 sitting on top of it soon. IMG_20230309_140348.jpg

26. 1952henry

1952henry

14B9978F-1271-4C8B-A2C7-F9CAC8397390.jpeg My Marmon Herrington 4wd front axle. Blasting, painting, bearings/seal procurement is next

enloe, RMR&C, scotty t and 1 other person like this.
  27. dschmit

dschmit
    from midwest

Waiting to get this 327 back from machine shop. Going in 65 c10 upload_2023-3-12_20-3-4.jpeg

28. dschmit

dschmit
    from midwest

Pulled this 283 replacing with a 327. 283 had multiple #4 main bearing troubles.
    For the truck in background. upload_2023-3-12_20-13-40.jpeg

enloe, jimmy six, LOU WELLS and 4 others like this.
  29. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Got up at 0 dark thirty even with the damn time change and drove the vette to its first show . I am REALLY not a car show guy But I figured some of the old timers would get a kick out of an old beat up hot rod corvette. It really touched a nerve with with the racers in the bunch and I had a good time. After the show I drove back to the shop and pulled the rear carb off the tunnel ram as it was leaking fuel into the right rear venturi after shutdown. After careful inspection it looks like the rear metering plate is slightly warped allowing fuel to seep into the transfer slot. Other than that this thing is a blast to drive.:D

30. My dog ain't in the fight, but it makes me happy that you're on the road big cat!! Beat the shit out of it brother!!