Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are this lights from?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobj49f2, May 6, 2012.

1. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Any one have an idea what car these might be from. I have a feeling they were after market lights but they do look familiar. I got these years ago, they were in some car stuff I got from a deceased uncle.

From how they're made, glass lenses and metal bases, I guess they were from the late '40s to early '50. The all have BLC BL-50 pm the lenses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BLC is a GM part divison like Guide was I think. Given the part number BL-50 probably stands for BL=backup light 50=being the year 1950. Dont know about the red lenses though. A lot of guide lense you find on tail lights have the last 2 digits of the year stamped in them. Check a 1950 Olds Caddy Buick Chevy GMC or Pontiac and I bet you will find them

3. these look like them but the clear ones

Attached Files:

4. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I had a pair of red ones like yours....I took them off the back of an old bus....I also had a matching amber set off the front of the bus....real neat glass lenses.....stan

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2012

5. Bob, they are likely aftermarket....I just bought a pair of the clear ones, new in the box, at a swap meet. Cool lights...

6. aojo

aojo

the clear ones look a lot like front turn signal lights on my 57 vette

7. All them small glass lenses look the same from 10 feet away . Usually there is a small difference in diameter or chrome trim . I have a few white lenses from Lucas and some dark red lenses from SCINTEX which is French.

8. The clear one's look very much like the back up lights on my '49 Caddy - I am away from my car so cant confirm that sorry!

9. coupe5w36

coupe5w36

Probably wrong but to me they look very much like Lucas lights as found on many English cars (Austin / Morris in particular) from the '50's and early '60's.

10. wandi harry

wandi harry

looks like early landrover

11. SLY53

SLY53

These lights are very similar to all british
    Morris, Austin ,Wolsley,MG, Healey etc
    of 40,s-50,s vintage that we had here in Australia.

12. raymay

raymay

I used a set of the clear ones on one of my trucks. When I bought them they were said to be backup lights from late 40's early 50's GM. Not sure about the red ones.

Attached Files:

• 43.JPG
      43.JPG
      File size:
      135 KB
      Views:
  13. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I agree with this....even before I got through the posts I thought they are from an English application........

Neat lights.........

Ray

14. BLC = British Leyland Corp. ?

15. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

16. Front markers from a bigeye sprite

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Just good old aftermarket lighting from BLC. Mostly used on over the road trucks and trailers... and hotrods.