Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Went To An Auction Today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr.chevrolet, May 30, 2015.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

thought I was going to go home with this 30 pick-up, only me and one other guy bidding on it. I had it at $4250, he went to $4500 and I quit. it was all there, very nice sheet metal. it looked like it could be bolted together and driven. here's some other cars, retractable sold for $36K, 4-dr $8900, 39 buick 16K, 18 Buick $8900, 46 Ford1-1/2T $1200.. I did buy that sewing machine. 2 weeks and i'll be open for business.

Attached Files:

2. fuzzface

fuzzface

Good sewing machine. I have 2 of them like that I brought years ago at an auction. was only going to buy the one but a lady pissed me off at the auction that turned out to be bidding against me on them so when the auctioneer asked me which one I wanted, I told him i'll take both of them. :) I definitely didn't earn browny points with that lady that day but sure made my wife happy.

3. fuzzface

fuzzface

looks like all the vehicles were in nice shape.

4. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Is that Country Squire wood trim on the 4 door? That doesn't look bad, kind of a Sportsman look.

5. That pick up looked to be in great shape...!

6. I'm diggin the wood grain.

7. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

the guy is very talented. he made the wood and hand painted the panels. also saw the before picture of the Buick truck, it must have been a woods find. I think he only used the rad and part of the frame. he made the rest.

8. thanks for posting....and better luck next time....

9. aaggie

aaggie

I bought a Consew RB206 a few years ago so I could learn to upholster. It's therapy for sure and I graduated from throw cushions to bar stool tops, slow going but I'm getting there.

10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

just visited the Singer website looking for an instruction manual. couldn't find my model. sent an e-mail. i'll be making my own clothes soon. bellbottoms first.

falcongeorge likes this.