Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Went to a Car show Downtown yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Beautifull hot sunny day--31 degrees C (Thats about 90 degrees for you yankee boys.) The show was put on by the local chamber of commerce.
    I parked the Wild Canary right on the main drag with about 50 other cars and sat in my foldem up chair.
    I seen teenagers with their heads bolted together. I seen guys holding hands. I seen wrinkled up old ladies walking around with enough skin showing to make a pig puke. I seen little girls that looked to be about 12 years old, walkin around knocked up higher than kites wearing tube tops. Jesus!!! I'm gettin too old for this shit.
    Might not go out again till winter!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Huh? I went to my son's wedding ...saw respectable teen in the crowd, saw old folks like me dancing and having fun, saw everyone having a good time...What's the old saying....Is the glass half empty or half full....Guess it's all in the way you see something! :D

3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Brian, Now you know why I left early. Welcome to beautiful downtown Barrie. Larry :cool::cool::cool::cool:

4. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

You should vacation in Kentucky, you'd like it here. Love that truck!

Jeff

5. retromotors

retromotors

Yeah, but didja see a lot of inked-up skanks ...????

Man, I LOVES me some inked-up skanks ...!!!

(And in case anyone missed the irony in this post, it was about 150%!)

6. fanspete

fanspete

What, no pics of the freaks? I'm disappointed in you!

7. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And I thought hot rods kept you young.... ;)

8. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

hey man, what do you think the old folks said about you wayyy back in the day when you were rippin' around in your hotrod? same shit different pile.

9. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I was at a show the other day and saw an old guy giving me a dirty look a screaming "Get off my lawn!"

10. Okay---I'm going to backpeddle a bit here. It WAS a lovely day. And although I did see a number of folks who I thought MIGHT have escaped from the circus, I seen a lot of nice, ordinary folks, handsome kids, and one or two heart stoppingly beautifull young girls walking around the show. People were genuinely interested in the cars, and came by to ask the same car show type questions--"Wow!!! did you RESTORE this"----"How fast will it go???---How much did it cost you??? and Where do you get parts to fix up a car that old??? I,ve been attending car shows for over 40 years, and there was always the "Way out there" element walking though.--Just the fact that the show was "downtown" which is way more accessable to the downtown crowd than car show venues that are a little further out of the downtown area. I'm getting a bit older, 64 in a couple of days, and I'm just not that accustomed to seeing the type of folks that always seem to conregate in any downtown core on "festival" type days.

11. gary9202

gary9202

it takes all kinds (of folks), to run this world

12. Muttley

Muttley

I wish I would have known you were in Fresno for the weekend. ;) :D

13. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Brian, Happy Birthday you OLD FART, I should be in Columbus at GG show on your B,day so I wont see you. I cant wait to see your SMILING:) face when I get back. Larry

14. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You're looking at it all wrong. Just set the folding chair up so you can get a good view of what it looks like when a lady bends over to look into your car.

15. paintcan54

paintcan54

Ha, I see that stuff at work, you should come to Indianapolis and go to a little place called "Broad Ripple" you can sit for hours and see all kind of freaky people. My wife has a shop there, and I work for her, some days the lady's that come in with their Ink makes my wonder what it will look like in 30 years Scary. And no pics of the show?

16. ...........and we're NORMAL?

17. djmartins

djmartins

Um, yes?!
    That's the right answer, eh?

18. Hal_396

Hal_396

That may have been me.....:cool:

19. Thanks Larry!!! Sixty four years young on wednesday. And Oh Yeah---Happy bithday to Ringo too.

20. One Finger John

One Finger John

Happy Birthday !!! Stay quick & agile and you'll be o.k. Every Sunday I have a booth at the Hollywood Farmers' Market (Heart of Hollywood, CA corner of Ivar & Selma) where I do chair massage. Been there for ten years and I can honestly say that I would really miss the diversity of people I see and meet. When it all comes down, people are the same all over the world. And kids are the same everywhere. Bright, inquisitive, noisy, and full of energy. All colors of people, white, black, brown, yellow, red, and in-between. Rich & poor, gay & straight, and in-between. And let's not forget, old & young.
    The only time I felt uncomfortable in a crowd was down in Indio,CA for a horse show. So many rich, white people it felt weird. And I'm white.
    Its' a changing world and to stay young you have to be part of that change. I'll be 61 at the end of August. Remember, change is the only thing that is constant.

John