Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well sold my everyday driver yesterday then I bought a .....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomd, Feb 24, 2004.

1. kustomd

kustomd

another pontiac. It a 70-72 lemans I think I'm going to fix it up a little then start driving it untill someone wants to buy it. I was told it has a 350/350 combo but its the wide pontiac 350. The car is a 2dr hardtop with bucket seats, floorshift console, and supposedly has a positrack rearend in it. The car has all the original wheels with the trim rings and center caps on it. I gotta try and get it running when I get it home hopefully the motor is good. Oh yea its a lemans sport if the means anything. Its a pretty solid car and it beats the 92 grand prix I was driving everyday. For now I'm driving my 60 to work untill I get this going. I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do to it yet. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Anderson

Anderson

Niiiiice. I'm an indian fan too. But...uh...what's this "wide" 350 stuff?

My dad had a '65 and two '67 GTO's. He's got a 455 poncho in his '57 210. Hauls ass.

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

T-37 with a SD455.

4. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

You could throw a mild 455 and t-400 set up in it...

Drive everyday, pull stumps out of people's yards for extra money, and run 12's all day long. I've been saving to buy a set of edelbrock heads for the 455 I am putting in my 62 GP. I also have a 54 Kustom Cheiftain.

They are mostly what my father has now. He is currently having the body of his 66 Catalina (421HO 4-speed) car done and putting the rebuilt motor of his 64 GTO vert in so he can drive it through the summer. It is amazing how many indians he has....I guess I git that gene.

Good luck with the LeMans.

Larry

5. kustomd

kustomd

I'd like to find a running 455 for it if I could but most of the cars around here that had them in it have recently met Death the crusher. I know they came in some oldsmobiles and pontiacs like the big 4doors and stuff but thats about all I can remember they came in.

6. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

Heres my suggestion, make the 60 the everyday driver and teach you wife (soon to be) how to drive and give her the pontiac. I'm sure she won't take out a school bus or van full of nuns or anything but if she does atleast the car will be ok [​IMG]

7. kustomd

kustomd

I don't like driving the 60 everyday anymore cause sometimes its a pain in the ass to start in the mornings. Plus my back isn't what it used to be but I want to keep the car low.

8. shoebox72

shoebox72

Was'nt the Lemans sport the ones with fender skirts? [​IMG]

Billy