Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Well put some new shoes on the Woodie today ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Apr 26, 2015.

1. DSC02125.JPG So I'm kind of on the fence if I like the chrome rims and the Cal Custom blunt bullets I installed today...maybe it will grow on me.. Had these for about a month and just got around to installing them on the Wood box... Kept my stockers, they aren't going any place . I may just swap between sets.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. sorry for the picture size guys ! argh !

3. Hey Roberto! Let try another larger picture please.

4. maybe someone can repost a larger format picture from what I posted.. This was sent from my dumb Android phone (smart right ! lol) Hey Dale !

5. Buy a real camera pal! Ha! I wanna see the damn thing.

6. I have one ! new computer ! LOl

7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

With a low resolution image you lose detail when you make it larger but here you go.

chromewood.jpg

8. I got the same result when trying to get it bigger... may just need to get the ole camera out !

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

very nice ride - maybe look better with new wheels if you lower it. I know wide whites are very expensive but, what a difference they would make.

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

What a crappy picture.
    If I can make out what you got there between the pixels it looks great!
    I like the narrow whites and the ride height is perfect!
    Be nice to see the wheels and caps though ;)

11. If you're feeling adventurous, scroll around in your camera's menus and I'll bet you find some settings for image size. To post on the web look for something like 800x600 or 1600x1200. Pixels, that is! ;)

12. It's a driver. I think when we finally get a decent picture Throb, it will look good. I like the pinner whites and chromies. Very sixties looking. You know Rob we had one of those in about 1965. I slid out the passenger door on the slippery seat when my dad turned left on a side street. Door wood shrunk up in the summer and it flew right open with me landing on the pavement. I was ok thank goodness. My dad was flipping out. My mother was not impressed.

13. indyjps

indyjps

I like the new wheels and tires, agree looks like early 60's woody.

14. sorry cell phone pic, someone above tried to resize the picture... and well I got the same result... I will get some better pictures with my camera...

15. sorry Paul !

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

If your going for the early sixties aesthetic Rob, appears your on the money. It all depends on what period your interested in I think. From what I can tell it looks good. I'll reserve full decision until a higher res images appears ... lol

17. Thanks Jack, well ran out of time this evening was going to get some better pics... sorry...

18. center wheel caps are 60's Cal Custom

19. Now that is looking totally sweet Throb. I love it. You have a keeper there my friend.

20. 2935ford

2935ford

Looks good.

Now spend your days keeping them clean and shiny! :)

21. Paul

Paul
    Editor

man what a sweet looking car, the wheels are perfect for it!

22. Thanks guys ! I was kind of on the fence when I put these on last week... But now I really like it( and the way is drives) no knock on the stock wheels & bias ply Firestones I had on. If I get tired of this look flip over to the Wide Whites & stock wheels with caps...

23. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Yeah this look is good Rob, I like it. ... a little different than one usually sees , which is good. Makes me day dream a bit about being a teenager on the beaches of So Cal .... lol

24. Thanks Jack, I was looking for something a bit different ... didn't want to run spider bullets.. I was lucky enough to find my Cal Custom Caps... I was looking at some of my older little pages 61-64 and the look is pretty close to that time frame wheel wise....Surfs Up Jack !