Register now to get rid of these ads!

welders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wade57, Feb 3, 2011.

1. SlamIam

SlamIam

Millermatic 150 MIG for 17 years, works well with large wire for chassis, small wire for sheetmetal. Hoping to own a Miller Dynasty DX TIG before I die. Was certified on MIG and Stick as a professional many years back, learned lots of tricks on thin stuff. Just can't see as well now!

2. Koz

Koz

My shop standard is a Lincoln 255XT with the pre/post/burnback system. Now you guys got me looking all over for where it was made. I thought they were US! Also a monster old Airco TIG, set up with a new Lincoln watercooler and handpiece, Oxy/Acetelene tanks with a variety of Victor torches including a WWII era shipyard burning torch with a Rosebud that could empty any bottle in ten minuites, but boy does it heat. I know everybody uses the TIG thumby thing now but I still can't get myself off the floor. I really want a super small Victor handpiece for aluminum welding, something I can run 00 tips in easily.

Two years ago I crashed my roadster into a Pa turnpike bridge on the way to the Fall Wildwood run. We taped up the headlight bar, amazingly the frame/suspension took the shot without breakage, and a landscaper on the island let me use his miller mig to patch it up. Beautiful machine! Two years later I sold the car with the temporary repair still in place. Cool! If I bought a new MIG, probably Miller.

3. ironrodder

ironrodder

I've welded with crappy Lincolns and crappy Millers, I've also welded with Great Lincolns and Millers. I've always thought how they were used made a difference over time, just like anything else. I own both plus a Hobart and like them all for different reasons.