Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Welded Art for a Cause

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jdustu, Aug 24, 2009.

1. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

With the economy being what it is, I've been brainstorming for a way to raise money for a couple of non-profits the I help support(Lifebuilders Detroit and Home Fur-Ever) while at the same time spreading the word about what I do. So I came up with this idea where I'm building and selling a bike sculpture every week for a year, and 100% of the proceeds will go to these two organizations, and I'm documenting everything in a blog: http://yearofthechopper.blogspot.com/

Not everything I do is "traditional", but a good chunk of it is. Anyone who has caught my posts in the Friday Art Show knows I really dig doing not only the bike pieces, but also old school classics, hot rods, and dragsters. I'll be posting up about those projects on my blog too.

I appreciate any help spreading the word, or even if you just want to follow along to see how it goes! Thanks a bunch:)

-Josh

A few pics of my stuff:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. I'll add that these photos don't really do justice for Josh's work. He donated a roadster that he made to the silent auction at the HAMB drags this year. It was one of my favorites, and people were commenting about how cool the little roadster was all day long. It's really amazing what he creates with essentially hardware store bits and pieces. Do not hesitate to go after anything he fabricates. His work is top notch and the money you fork over will go for a good cause.

3. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

Thanks Bill! Glad I could help out with the HAMB drags auction.

4. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

The first auction ends tomorrow morning, and I've got the next bike lined up!

It's an old knucklehead harley, with the rear fender shortened and the front fender dismissed. Here's a quick pic, I'll have more up on the blog tomorrow!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

My wife talked to the folks at both Lifebuilders Detroit and Home Fur-Ever a little more in depth about my project yesterday, and they are both excited.

Home Fur-Ever was especially stoked, because some worthless p.o.s. stole the van that they use to take animals to adoptions. It sounds like the van was recovered, but it was trashed and all the cages were gone. They said the money is coming in at a great time.

Basically every 4 weeks I'm going to take the money from the auctions and send half to Lifebuilders and half to Home Fur-Ever. The next auction will start today or tomorrow, and it will include letters from each of these organizations to authenticate that I can collect this money on their behalf.

I've got to get out to the shop, I've got to build this week's bike and I'm in the middle of another hot rod(a 33' ford). This weeks auction ends in a few hours: Shovelhead Sportster

Don't miss the Friday Art Shows, they've been EPIC!!!!