Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Weirdo Hurst Ram Rod Shifter Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Black Panther, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Picked this up at the last Long Beach swap meet...so many old school hot rodders there...its my favorite swap. I had never seen a shifter like this before, just seen the Mr Gasket Vertigate...and this one looked like a primitive version of one of those. Anyway, looking on here...it looks like it might be a Hurst Ram Rod shifter...but the angle of the handle is weird...and it also doesnt say Hurst on it anywhere. It's missing the reverse rod...but that shouldn't be too hard to scrounge up. 20190805_224324.jpg 20190805_224354.jpg Super nice shape...I'd guess the handle being kicked over might be good in a small car like an early coupe or something. So...do you guys think it's a Hurst...and what would the application be for the kicked over handle? Came off a Muncie trans..

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I did a Google, "Images of Hurst Ram Rod Shifters", and there's a bunch. It IS a Hurst Ram Rod. But, I think someone did their own thing with it, like you said, to fit in a small car. The images may give you an idea on what the reverse rod looks like, so you can fab one up if necessary. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.