Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weiand "75C3"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Faust, Apr 16, 2012.

1. T-Faust

T-Faust

I just picked up an old manifold at a yard sale, looks like small block chevy. The only number I can find is " 75c3" cast just above Weiand on the top. Can anyone guess an age of this. Looks like a single plane.

2. squirrel

squirrel

The picture didn't work...

3. T-Faust

T-Faust

Heres a pic

Attached Files:

4. Yep, SBC! Looks like a higher-RPM application, similar to the Edelbrock "Torker" line! Nice find!

5. I wonder why they carbed the carb flange up?

You can change the characteristics of the intake by building the floor up with epoxy. You can also make it work at a slightly lower RPM by using a carb spacer that has the venturies separated, IE a 4 hole carb spacer.

Brett is correct it should be for a higher RPM applicaton, unless it has very small runners then it wiould have been a fuel saver from the '70s. But I am sure that they all said streetmaster on them.

Maybe go to the Holley site and search it out by number. I think they have a search that you can tap the number into and it should give you either information on that intake or one similar. You can also go to tech advice on the site and send them a question about the intake. I have done that with several intakes over the years. they will get back to you with info on the intake like years of manufacture, RPM range and suggested carb size for the intake.

here is some advice on that type of intake, they donot perform well unless you keep the plenum full of air. Take the suggested CFM size for the carb and jet it to work with your application.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  6. It looks like an old Excellerator to me.

7. Heo2

Heo2

Remember them from the 70s X-elerator
    i think they was called looked like this
    but dont remember them with this number
    someboby have tried to run that with
    a spreadbore carb i think and carved it out
    for the bigger trotle blade

big cam 750 dp low gears 4spd =fun

or it can be an equal to edelbrock streetmaster
    small runners for high velocity quite god on
    low rpm to

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I seem to remember the chevy manifold was part #7546 or #7456...never heard of a 75C3.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. I wonder if the "3" stands for the old Holley 3 barrel , like the C3B from Edelbrock ?

10. Ok I just dropped Holley a note, I will post results if any when they contact me.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Beano to the rescue!

kidcampbell71 likes this.