Register now to get rid of these ads!

We got any HAMB er's in Brooklyn N.Y

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by "Doc" Parsons, May 18, 2006.

1. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

Hey if we got any HAMB er's in Brooklyn I need some help. I'am planning a trip to the Goodguys show in Rhinebeck in Sept and I'am looking for a place to park a motorhome and trailer for about a week in Brooklyn, any suggestions?:cool:

2. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Hey Doc! I guess they dont have any in NY.:D :D

3. 54steve

54steve
    from NYC

Good luck finding a spot in CROOKLYN..:D .... You might find a spot but your rig might not be there when you get back. I would avoid Brookyn if at all possible with a motorhome/trailer.. Do you know what your tolls would be just to get that into Brooklyn... Not cheap. Leave it out of NYC if possible.

4. repoman

repoman

Actually, there are HAMBr's in NY, but the request is a bit over the top. You're welcome to come screw my sister from behind, but parking a motorhome and trailer at someone's place is a rude thing to ask a New Yorker.

I'm 25 miles away into Jersey, and I don't have the room, even though I have a large property by local standards.

5. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

You'll find it repainted, selling dirty water dogs by some guy named Abdul

6. indaworx40

indaworx40
    from New York

There are some HAMBers in NY, it's just that everyone is in shock at the thought of Doc bringing his motorhome and trailer to Brooklyn! I might be able to help out with parking near Rhinebeck, but like the fella said, parking is scarce in the city...and risky (especially with OK tags on the rig).

7. repoman

repoman

Nevermind Brooklyn, go in through the Holland tunnel and make your way to Mott street. Call me when you're in front of Wo Hop, you can leave it there, and I'll buy you lunch :D

Here's a delivery truck:

[​IMG]

Here's the same truck two months later:
    [​IMG]

A couple months later they painted it white again, but someone did this:

[​IMG]

Two weeks later
    [​IMG]

Two days after that

[​IMG]

Actually, I think it'd be cool to roll back to OK with your truck turned into art. :D

8. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

I guess I will forget the Brooklyn trip! I'am about to back out of the trip and go on to Rhinebeck, thank's for the info, where's that sister

9. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

Ahh,dont listen to assholes,Brooklyn alright,theres just no parking!Let me know about the sister,though!

10. [quote="Doc" Parsons]Hey if we got any HAMB er's in Brooklyn I need some help. I'am planning a trip to the Goodguys show in Rhinebeck in Sept and I'am looking for a place to park a motorhome and trailer for about a week in Brooklyn, any suggestions?:cool:[/quote]

You could probably park it out in Redhook somewhere. Contact Kevin Walsh on the "Forgotten New York" website. If anyone knows, it's he.

11. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I wish I could see Repoman's pix.
    Comming from OK with a motorhome, you'd be fresh meat. Don't drop the the soap. Who's sister is it???

12. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

no parking in brooklyn? brooklyn is like a parking lot. around flatbush it's a little tricky but in bed-stie or williamsburg, especially williamsburg, there's parking everywhere. now whether or not you could park something that big is another question.

13. long island vic

long island vic

just head up too harlem or bed sty and check out the abandant auto show

14. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

On our Rhinebeck trip , it looks like the best thing to do is park at some koa park in New Jersey and rent a car to go to the city! Do you think Abdul will get me, oh before I forget, just where is that sister

15. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

Ok how does this sound, how about driving my roadster thru Manhatten, would that be safer?

16. [quote="Doc" Parsons]Ok how does this sound, how about driving my roadster thru Manhatten, would that be safer?[/quote]

Sunday morning at 6 AM ought to be good.

17. repoman

repoman

[QUOTE="Doc" Parsons]Ok how does this sound, how about driving my roadster thru Manhatten, would that be safer?[/QUOTE]

I've driven through Manhattan in some radical cars. Go for it. It's a blast. Just don't do it in a hot running car.

Jersey is your best bet if you can find a spot for RVs. Maybe something north of the GW?

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[quote="Doc" Parsons]On our Rhinebeck trip , [/quote]

Screw RAINbeck. Come to Michigan in Sept and do the NSRA Kzoo show instead. Plenty-o-parking for the RV and I have a sister I'll introduce you to who can bake and cook.:D

19. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

you could drive through the city although i might think about my route a bit first. some parts are a bit more hectic (real crazy) than others so unless you're familiar with where you need to be and new yorks ermmm "style" of driving it may be a bit tricky. also, some of those roads are realllly rough.

20. SALTYDOGOCNY

SALTYDOGOCNY

I'de say go for it..bring her to Brooklyn..and make sure you tell us all what comes of it!! Get before and after pics!