Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Water temp gauge & switch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36roadster, Feb 6, 2019.

1. I want to run the original temp light together with an electric gauge. If I fit a "T" into the head where the original temp. light switch was, fit the switch on one side, and fit a sender to the other side, will this give me accurate results?
    I'm thinking that the sensors are not in the water jacket, and will read lower temperatures.

2. BJR

BJR

Can you put one sensor in each head? So that they are each in the water jacket.

pprather likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

you could do an experiment, first remove the light sender and install the gauge sender, and get a feel for how hot the engine runs under different conditions. Then remove the gauge sender and install the T and both senders, and see how it compares.

there are a lot of variables here, so it's hard to predict how it will work. But you can test it, and know for sure how it works.

4. Terrible80

Terrible80

I'd think it would be fine, super small inaccuracy if any. Unless you put 12" of pipe on there.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app