Register now to get rid of these ads!

Watch more TV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lil mike, Apr 20, 2005.

1. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Fri night on American Hot Rods the Discovery Channel will show a car that my dad (Steve Cook) and I built, yellow/white '55 chevy. They also did an interview w/him about the car. It come on at like 9 cst. I know Boyd ain't the greatest but this time something that I helped build is on there. This is the same '55 Chevy that sold at Barret Jackson for $205,000.

Hell Yeah!
    LiL Mike

2. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

your pops give you a cut???

3. 1Shot-Scot

1Shot-Scot
    from Minnesota

I try to "avoid the boyd" whenever possible... Especially when I hear about 55 Chevys going for 200k+

4. Muttley

Muttley

$200K+ for a '55 Chevy?:eek: Someone has more money then brains.:confused:

5. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Well I got paid for working the car, the car didn't belong to us, we built it for a guy. Almost every part of the car was modified (but not noticably). The underside is as smooth as the top. Basiclly my dad is the Oklahoma vesion of Boyd, but alot cooler if ya ask me. both of us hate the build a car in 30 minutes crap. But this show should skyrocket business.

6. hatch

hatch
    from house

The car is KILLER!!!...great job. The naysayers around here don't have a fuckin clue what it takes to finish a job like that....you and your dad should be very proud.

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

Over the years, I've been lucky(?) enough to have worked at some shops that built those megadollar cars. Not what I would do to any of my cars, but an incredible challenge, and I learned a lot (even about myself)! The TV drama stuff wore my ass out pretty quick, but I still watch those shows occassionally, just to admire the quality of work done - it inspires me to keep trying to improve my skills. Anyway, I know what's involved in those build-ups, and my hat's off to you and your dad. I hope you guys got as much out of it as I did. And I hope the show brings some big spenders into your shop...

8. Congrats Mike, I will watch it to see your handywork.

9. stangzilla

stangzilla
    from FTW Texas

hey mike,
    do you have your pants on?
    haha fucker!

10. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

wanna' wrestle? hell 'ya...
    xoxoxo
    nic

11. Is that the one that used to sit in the office? If it is, that thing is in-fukin-credible guys. I secretely like the camaro ya'll are buildin too. When's brians next party. You gonna be telling the girls how nice theie hair smell Sunday?

12. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I saw that car at Barrett-Jackson when it was up on the lift. The workmanship on that thing is phenominal. I can't even imagine the hours that went into that car, and from what I saw $200k was a bargain.

13. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

I'm not gonna be on the show- it was filmed in Scottsdale at the auction, only my parents went.

JK- don't know when our next party is but it'll be soon. The Camaro is being assembled so that we can paint the outside of it- the underside, interior, chassis, and drivetrain has all been painted. Dude you have got to come by and check out the engine, it's BAD ASS!! Oh yeah, I'll be there Sunday, right after I go fishing for my brothers birthday (which is today).

14. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

what??? no steve cook? who was that guy saying HE built the car?? wtf...
    nic

15. redram

redram
    from OH!klahoma

Hey lil mike
    Greg watched the show
    the interview with your dad must be on the cutting room floor...dang em
    They didn't even mention the car was built in Oklahoma
    Its all about Boyd I guess

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Mike,

Congrats to your dad and his shop for the pub. Did I miss something or did your dad not get mentioned? Oh well everyone knows who built the Chevy. I'm sure your dad was pleased with the honor. I hadn't seen the Junk yard dog '56 Chevy in person, but there is no way its better than the '55.

Hey Mike if you could have performed "Hot Rod Man" in front of the "55 I think that it would have put it over the top.

Congrats again,

Happy Trails,

Mick