Register now to get rid of these ads!

wanted - pic's of 1930 tudors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30roadster, Feb 25, 2004.

1. 30roadster

30roadster

I need a few traditional 1930 tudor pic's... I tried a search and came up empty... I know we've got plenty around here so lets see em! Thanks in advance for any help - kyle

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green"> I could use some also, I've found plenty but you can never have enough. </font>

3. 30roadster

30roadster

er...thanks rash...

4. Dusty033

Dusty033

5. disastron13

disastron13

6. DrJ

DrJ

I'd say a stereotypical traditional tudor sedan is going to be a "street rod" with fenders and running boards still on it and a dropped axle in front and some leaves removed in back to brng it down some but not so much it can't haul people in the back seat. A "Family Car" or street rod or maybe just a kept-running jalopy.
    I'd say there were some channeled too low and chopped fenderless rods made from tudors but since they weren't sanctioned for speed racing in the early days, a lakes racer version of a closed (sedan) car was rare.

There's always exceptions, but that is how most of them would be set up.

60s style when gassers started, they would have the raised front end and stock height or even raised rear end and holes th size of your fist drilled in the trailing side of the fenders to let the air out of that barn door. but they still had fenders.
    There's always exceptions to that rule too...

7. 30roadster

30roadster

thanks for the input DRJ. in the last 2 years i've gotten my dad interested in hotrods. growing up he thought of a car as something to get you from point A to B. Some of our biggest fights were him wanting to park in the garage and I had a car in peices and he couldn't. He is close to retirement and a church friend is selling his 1930 tudor. I was trying to find some pictures to show him so he could see what can be done with them. Hopefully he'll dive into the hobby and we care work on our cars together.

8. InPrimer

InPrimer

Carnut.com, list of pictures (RT side) look for Ford 1930, approx 75, 2 dr sedan pix

9. Kyle

Just show him the photo's of Roothawgs "Drag-on Fly"!!! [​IMG]

You're bringing him to the round up is that correct...? There'll be a few fine examples there for him! [​IMG]

Man ..., I thought for a moment you were going "Streetrod" on us...! (you know..., something big enough for the whole family, kids, cooler, picknick table, grill, lawn chairs, and your lawn Nome!!!) [​IMG] "WHEEW"! What a relief!! [​IMG]

Mark