Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted - M/C kickstand ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nimrod, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod

I had thought it would be cool to go without a stand...lean the bike against walls, trees, fences, or prop it on my helmet. Sometimes there's just nothin' the fuck around, so I'm looking for simple ideas. Things recycled, available at the hardware store, home-made?
    Any ideas of pictures would be appreciated.

2. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

ive seen someone use there foot control..they just put a joinit spring on it (not exactly sure how)

ive seen tire irons various tools, even saw a guy in daytona who just made his exhuast so he can lean it.

i knew a guy with a bonnie, that didnt have a kickstand he would lean it on things, even lay it down sometimes!!

I personally like the kickstands in the middle of back of the bike....but a basic standard shorty kickstand. they just look cool mounted in the back. a friend of mine just build a jap chop here is a pic [​IMG]

3. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

This is one of Scott Craig's bikes, and I'm still trying to figure out how this works and still allows the kicker to function properly. Pretty clean, though.

Attached Files:

4. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

[ QUOTE ]
    This is one of Scott Craig's bikes, and I'm still trying to figure out how this works and still allows the kicker to function properly. Pretty clean, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh it's just low enough for it to lean over on the kicker, I used to do it when I had no shocks on the rear of my TR6. Go out to the garage and try it on yours!

5. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

yo, just get any combination of grenade, bowie knife, shotgun barrell, brass knuckles or revolver, etc., and a spring and a couple fender washers, and you can figure something out...

[​IMG] kidding...

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And why the hell can't your girlfriend hold it up while you're in the bar?

7. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Just lay that bad boy down on the floor [​IMG]
    People will think it fell over, and they'll struggle to stand it up, then won't find the kickstand and will stand there for ever with it, reluctant to lay a guys bike down on the floor again [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Problem solved [​IMG]

8. ray

ray
    from colorado

pretty simple on triumphs, mine currently is sans kickstand, to use the kicker lever, easiest way is engage the clutch, and it will swing right down to position, release the clutch lever, and provided nobody gives it a good shove it will stay put. take the pressure off the kicker and it returns to normal position.

9. atch

atch

a big box end wrench makes a pretty cool kick stand

10. Check out this one,Brian Setzer from the Stray Kats.
    Not exactly my "cup of tea",but nice to look at:

http://www.briansetzer.com/1953bobjob_main.html

They are doing the `old kick arm stand trick` too.
    I guess it works,first time I seen it.

Way back in the `60s,I had a `57 panhead chopper(wish I had
    it today)with a shakey stand.A stiff breeze would blow it over.It got stolen one Sunday afternoon,when I got in a car
    with two chicks to go burn a joint for a few minutes.
    Turned out I was gone two hours and I left the bike parked in front of an apartment house I was living at the time.
    Someone said it fell over on its side and was like that for over an hour.Some
    one saw it an correctly assumed the owner wasn`t around,so they rolled it off.Never saw it again.
    Moral is make sure you got a good stand.(and don`t be an asshole like me) [​IMG]

JR...

11. recycler

recycler

I tried the kick starter for a stand trick today. My bike's too low. I guess I'll build me a little one on the bottom tube of the hardtail. Mine's currently in the stock location and it screws my ground clearance when I turn left.

12. ray

ray
    from colorado

you talkin a triumph? howdja get it too low to do that? sure your kicker arm ain't just too long [​IMG] whack it off!