Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted: chopped 49-51 Ford (car) pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by laidoutford, Oct 13, 2004.

1. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Laidoutford-
    Thanks for all the info...I'm planning to bag mine in the very near future...I already have fatman dropped uprights on mine and I knew that would be easy (the front) I was curious how you did the back of yours so thanks....

2. Lloyd

Lloyd

Thanks a bunch Laidoutford!!! Damn nice work on your shoebox. That is a really nice chop. And thanks again for the info. Any more finished photos?

And thanks to 51Leadsled for posting the photos!!

Laidoutford-Did you cut through your package tray? It looks like you did not have to.

3. Marky

Marky

Laidoutford- here's those pics you wanted to post of your car.

Attached Files:

4. Marky

Marky

Attached Files:

5. Marky

Marky

Attached Files:

6. Marky

Marky

last one.

Attached Files:

7. laidoutford

laidoutford

Thanks, Marky. You did not miss anything special at the Showcase on Sunday night. Demented Are Go sucked ass.

I saw you in Ol skool rodz, you famous little fuck. How many times did it take to get that kooool shot of you in front of your roadster? Fame. Ain't it a bitch. By the way, I need some o' dat shiny ol' grease you gots. Thinking of switching brands and supportin' a pal. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lloyd, my package tray is stock size, uncut. I just dropped the rear of it down about 1" or so, only to be able to get the rear window rubber seal on. I still have to finish it with a piece of sheetmetal like a 49-51 Merc.

bttt. Gawd, I gotta fiish that bitch. [​IMG] Anybody good at fitting shoebox hoods? I would love some advice on getting rid of some gaps that won't go away. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh yeah, some more pics of shoeboxes,too. Thanks [​IMG]

8. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

oh my god!!!! your car rules...VERY sweet....nice job..

9. glassguy

glassguy

heres an update from last wed..still ruffing it in.making it a hardtop with angled side glass(hirohata)

Attached Files:

10. glassguy

glassguy

another

Attached Files:

11. glassguy

glassguy

stop laughin you bastids !!!!

Attached Files:

12. glassguy

glassguy

this was better than watching the red sox!!

Attached Files:

13. glassguy

glassguy

i feel pretty

Attached Files:

14. glassguy

glassguy

should be almost done with the welding next wed nite..then i will call ready mix to back the cement truck into the shop

Attached Files:

15. laidoutford

laidoutford

Gots a nice flow to it, glassguy. Did you end up taking another inch outta the rear after posting the first pics? Laying the rear panels are fun, but they can also be more annoying than tangled asshole hairs. Nice line to the roof, and I agree on the hardtop design idea. I love the Matranga/Hirohata curved side glass.

Are you going to cut lay in a trough for the rear 1/4 glass to slide into, or will they be functional. Either way, can you post some pics of the way you end up doing it?

Please post some more pics of that car, glassguy.

MORE PICS GUYS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. PAPASMURF

PAPASMURF

sweet car, nice work! please post more pics, its a gret tutorial for when i get to do one.

17. laidoutford

laidoutford

yeah, more pics and bttt! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Dan

Dan

glassguy-
    my '50 has that exact same "divot" above the rear glass, need to figure out a solution
    Can anyone measure what the stock window openings are on a '50 sedan, I want to try and figure out how much mine has been chopped?

19. glassguy

glassguy

hey dan...the divot will be gone ,new sheetmetel will be from the glass opening to the highset part of roof.so it will be level.like the sail panel in one of the pics but all the way around the window...this one i cut 6 in the front and 9 in tghe back.maybe you can use that as some kind of gage.good luck Dave

Attached Files:

20. Dan

Dan

did you lay the new piece over the old sheetmetal and weld it on or did you cut the old out and replace it with your new panel - how did you form the curve in the new piece? thanks-

21. glassguy

glassguy

i put the new metel over the old,then i cut the old out from the inside withe a cut off wheel..when you make the sail panels the way they are shaped they twist like a cruller.so it gives you the right contour.tack at one end then work around..any high spots i will shrink out with the torch later..once you start making the panels youll see what i mean.it looks harder than it is.hell if i can do it any asshole can!!! haha..it might be easier also if you bought an old four door roof than you can cut the curved pieces out of that and re shape them a little thats how i did my merc..this may sound like bad advice , but dont overthink it,just get started and it will come together for you

22. laidoutford

laidoutford

bttt and great info peoples...gracias. [​IMG]

23. CJ Hilton

CJ Hilton

Here's a rendering I did with my '50 Ford, Lowered, Lowered More, and Chopped. [​IMG] CJ

Attached Files:

24. laidoutford

laidoutford

25. 00 MACK

00 MACK

CJ, I love that style chop on sedans!

26. PAPASMURF

PAPASMURF

Heres my contribution:
    [​IMG]
    Now if my name was only on the pink slip [​IMG]

Not chopped but cool nuntheless:
    [​IMG]

Some body sell me there daily driver shoebox under $4,000!!!!

Sorry for the spam...I usually like mine on eggs [​IMG]

27. laidoutford

laidoutford

hey, no problem PAPASMURF. Good luck finding one as a driver for $4,000 or under. I'll keep my eyes peeled, until they start to water. Then I'll close them and re-peel them. I'll let ya know if I see any.

Keep in mind that the four door sedan has the exact same roof crown and skin from the driprail up as does the tudor sedan. If yer tricky with yer metal work, have coupe or tudor doors, then go for it. Might save you some money later as four doors are still somewhat reasonable.

28. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i took this one at VLV.

Attached Files:

29. glassguy

glassguy

heres my weekly update..the owner decided against making it a hardtop

Attached Files:

30. glassguy

glassguy

im available for wedding photography if anyone needs me