Register now to get rid of these ads!

Want to invite others on here to lunch. Is it safe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

There's times when locals meet up for lunch on the weekend and then maybe cruise a while before splitting up and heading back to the shacks.

Would like to let others on here know when it's happening in case they are close and want to join in.

Is there a problem naming the eating place we are meeting at?

It's not really an organized event or show.

Would just be nice to invite fellow Hambers on a friendly outing without fear of being held liable for being sued somehow.

Do I worry too much? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Yes.

3. Toqwik

Toqwik

Just dont offer to pay. could get expensive............

4. badshifter

badshifter

That Strip Club serves food?

5. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

O.K. Sir Woosh,,Where and when????

6. That is what a PM is for. Send them and then you can use phone numbers and make it more personal than you could on the main board.
    Never hurts to be carefull. Careless is expensive.

7. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

You are on here and you are worried about safe??? Tetanus up to date?

8. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

its not going to be safe on your wallet if your payin!

9. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

I've been to a couple in OH. Basically it's like the HAMB & Eggs Meet, HAMB & Scrapple, The Iron Lords Pancake Breakfest, The Meet at the Dayton Quaker Steak & Lube...just search those terms. Find out whos in your state, send a PM around, maybe start a thread about a meeting and potential places to eat...that is if you're willing to MC the thing.

They are a BLAST and you really meet some great people. It's safe.

10. nummie

nummie

The only problem I see is that itll be 2400 miles (give or take) for me. bummer.

11. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

See? There's the first liability.....

Thanks Tog! Yeah, everybody would pick up their own tab.

Main thing is if anyone knew from experience as to what could go wrong.

Would just like to have a Hamb and eggs get together for those close to the I-70 & I-81 interstate hub in Maryland. Makes it easy to get to in less than half an hour from both West Virginia and Pennsylvania and not far from Virginia. A possible quad-state gathering well within range. Sunday is supposed to be warm and I'll be out and running for sure........

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  12. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Waffle house? What, you only plan on maybe ten people to be able to eat there?:p

13. Are there any men allowed? Or is it just for you gals?

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jerry...you're thinking of inviting some Hambers, and you wanna know if it's safe?

Of course it's not! :D

Have a good time!

15. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yeah Houston, men are allowed too. But you can come by anyway.
    Thanks for asking...........

16. spooler41

spooler41

As long as this place is open to the public, I think you are on firm ground. I've never found a place that had too much busines.
    Just enjoy the party and have a good time.

..............Jack

17. You'll be sorry...! Hahaha... just keep your hands and feet away from their mouths and you should be ok...!

18. chris55

chris55

Yes it's safe, I have been doing one in Dayton every year. It's alot of fun, and a great way to meet great people. Just make sure you call the restaurant your going to a coupe days in to give them a heads up, and maybe a guesstament on the number of people.

19. Just make sure your safety word is easy to pronounce with a ball gag!

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some places have rooms or sections off to the side where it is easier for groups to gather so that might be something to think about outside of the food being good and somewhat affordable.

I would do as Chris55 suggested and give the place a heads up on your plans and clear it with them. One to make sure that another group doesn't have plans to be there at the same time. Two so that they can be somewhat prepared and maybe reserve that area for the group. Non peak times are probably better too. More parking and more room inside. And it doesn't hurt to pick a place where the people know you and you are a bit of a regular.

Sounds like fun. I think all of the Hambers within 50 miles of me could fit in one large booth at most central Washington cafe's on a Saturday Morning.

21. are you meeting at White Castle? i'm not sure if their food is safe

22. Deuces

Deuces

I'm sure most of us here are harmless... Besides, I'm to old to get into a good old fashon food fight! ;) :D

23. On a serious note, the group I get together just meets at a large restaurant and takes over the back corner. We see several groups doing similar each week. I got the idea from Rocky several years ago when we ate with a group of the Omaha guys.

24. Hey Sir Woosh,

I post on here whenever the Charleston, WV area guys get together and have never had a problem! I have even posted invitations to events at my home and garage. We posted and met for lunch a couple of weeks ago, then visited a cool garage after lunch. I even did a follow-up post with pics of the event. It's a good way to possibly meet some new folks in your area with the same interests. As you and I have previously discussed, you are always welcome at any of our events. Hopefully, your schedule will allow you to attend soon! Here are some pics of our latest lunch gathering.

Jim

Attached Files:

25. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks Tman.

Someone else asked if we were having more than 10 people since I mentioned the Waffle House. But I'm just trying to get something started and even 10 would be a start. Then once it catches on, (and it will since we are talking Hambers) it will grow to that roped off back room at a bigger place you mentioned.

I dig this idea more than a club as you make it if you can and don't feel obligated like a set meeting. Others can jump in as they find out and don't have to worry about being voted in.

Thanks for the positive response!

Thanks again for the invite Jim!

Will make it part of my plans to check out your digs this season!
    Invite goes out to you again to drop into "the Grand FinAlley" when you wonder out into the boonies here................
    Sir Woosh/OldSkool Jerry

26. That is perverted Tman. lol

27. Don't get hung up on numbers. Some of our best breakfasts had 2 or 3 folks while others had 16.

28. Greezeball

Greezeball

I used to go to a vintage bike breakfast thing Sunday mornings 100 on a bad day 300+ on a good one. Get your bacon and eggs on a paper plate coffee in a styro cup and stand in the parkin lot an check out the bikes good times. Go for a ride after breaky. It was all word of mouth.
    I'd still go but it's 2500 miles one way now! :(
    Start with a few buds and spread the word. I'm gonna try getting something started here in the summer even though most will be OT cars I'm in a small city of 90,000 but the range of cars is crazy. I've seen a 3 window a COPO Camaro, Shelby GT 350, Gt 500, 289 Cobra(real) and a 49 ford PU all in one day.

29. Go For it !!!!!!! If you dont who will. Just remember to have someone trustful hold the bail money.

You will find this to be a most rewarding expierience if you do your homework. I posted this several years ago and you might find it helpful.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247946

One of the goals of the HAMB & Eggs breakfasts was to make all HAMBers aware of these events through out the country, so if they were visiting they could stop in and meet with the locals . We have had people from France , Sweden ,Great Britian, Detroit, Dallas attend our event. Our breakfasts vary depending on whats going on .
    We have had as many as 25 or so in attendance at times. Got to see some interesting cars also. CharlieChops even stopped on his way to Bonneville with his roadster pick up speedster.

Please post your event on the Hamb & Eggs social page .
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=154

We even got so far as a "take Sweetie out to dinner " which turned out to be a great time for all our spouses and girlfriends.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409986

Oh and providing live entertainment can also draw in a couple of more . We use this guy from time to time. Let me know and I can send you his booking info.

[​IMG]

Best of Luck

30. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Great information Palosfv3.

Will try and see if it takes off and then put it on the Social group you mentioned....

Don't know how long it might be till we could afford such high class entertainment as you offered though. But I'll keep it in mind.......

And I agree with you Greezeball. Wherever two or more Hambers are gathered, will be good.

Thanks all for the tips and advice!