Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Wanna own a magazine feature car?? 1929 rpu on 32 frame. Lemondrop special.

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Hitchhiker, May 20, 2021.

1. City: Bow

State: Washington
    Price: 25
    Looking to find a good home for the Lemondrop Special. It is in the May of 74 Rod and Custom and the 50 years of Rod and Custom book. Along with another feature in American Rodder. This car was built in the late 60's in Arizona for Charles Harrell the owner of the Cessna dealership. It originally had a 426 Hemi. Over the years the hemi was separated(to much power for the owner at the time) and had a 350 installed. It eventually ended up in the possession of Jim Green here in Washington. I've heard that it had a cammer in it. But I think that it had the 350 pulled and the cammer never made it in. The car is currently engine less. It also doesn't have the Americans anymore. Other than that, it is very close to the way it was pictured in R&C, though the interior was changed from green to brown at some point.

Ideally I would like to find this thing a home with someone who wants to bring it back to its magazine days with the 426 and the Americans. (I'd be willing to perform this work at my shop if desired) The car is in really exceptional shape considering the work was done around 50 years ago. The paint shows well, but does have some chips in the paint. Same with the interior. Nothing major wrong with it that I can find. The level of craftsmanship is remarkable. Especially considering common build practices of the time. It includes a dash full of Stewart warner gauges, a fully chrome front and rear suspension. Doors open and close nicely. Car has been inside its whole life. I do have the matching grill shell, the only thing I can find missing besides the engine and trans is the front brake calipers(air heart) but replacements look to be available. Tires and wheels are just rollers. I'm keeping the front wheels but rollers will be provided.

I haven't done a single thing to the car. Haven't even wiped it down. I did pull the seat cushion and confirmed Jim Green's ownership, though I knew this to be true. I think with the addition of a 426, torqueflite, and Americans you'd have an almost "survivor" hot rod with verifiable magazine coverage. I am asking 25k as is, the car is located in Bow, Washington(1 hour north of Seattle) and I would be happy to help with shipping in any way I can. please serious inquires only. 20210520_175018.jpg 20210520_175038.jpg 20210520_175046.jpg 20210520_175055.jpg 20210520_175059.jpg 20210520_175126.jpg 20210520_175110.jpg

kidcampbell71, bowie and ochamsrasor like this.
  2. Make me an offer fellas I'm not firm. Just don't want to see it go down the road to the wrong home.