Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wally World car show????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jbtine, Apr 2, 2012.

1. jbtine

jbtine

There were 2 car shows scheduled the weekend of Mar 31, Apr 1 at 2 Wally Worlds north of Ft Worth. What's wrong with this picture??? They want to hold a car show "celebrating" the GRAND reopening of the garden center. They make billions and they want us to pay $10 for the privlidge of using my car to help them make those billions. They ought to be glad for us to show our cars and even should feed us. Mere pennys to them. I realize profits of the show go to charity but Wally World should have kicked in a good chunk of change for those charitys and paid for the show. I don't mind taking my car to a show for a good cause but Wally World is really taking advantage of the situation. For them no pain lots of gain.

March 31, 2012 (Saturday) 1:00 – 4:00pm.
    WalMart at 8520 Beach Street, Ft. Worth (@ North Tarrant Parkway).
    Join us for the Re-Grand Opening of the Lawn & Garden Center! There will be lots of fun & SHOPPING. My kind of show!
    35+ Awards including Best of Show Car, Best of Show Truck, Under Construction, Special Interest, Late Model, Cycle & more.
    Our events are family friendly, tell your friends and come see the best in classic cars, hot rods, trucks, late model, import and domestic customize vehicles. <NOBR>Motorcycles</NOBR> are always welcome at our shows.
    Free to the public, $10.00 to <NOBR>register</NOBR>, open class, everyone is welcome. Drive it, drag it, push it, tow it or shove it we will register you if you can get it to the show.
    All events are subject to change or weather conditions, profits go to D & D Christmas for Kids 2012 Project. Hosted by D & D Rockin’ Rods <NOBR>Classic Car</NOBR> Shows, call 817-797-1197 <!--
    1 Best of Show
    Managers Choice
    25 Class Awards
    2 Under Construction
    2 Special Interest
    2 Cycle

75 Dash Plaques

Door Prizes include, Logan's Shirt, Caps, Dinners --><!--
    Sponsor

<table align="center" border=0> <tr> <td>[​IMG] [​IMG]Follow </td> </tr> <!--<tr> <td>[​IMG]</td> <td> <table border=0> <tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr> <tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr> </table> </td> </td> </tr>--></TABLE>

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

yep, i dont get it either.

3. pastlane

pastlane

Reads more like a D&D production than walmart

4. Another good reason to NOT shop at W*ll-M*rt. If you needed another one.

Then consider making a direct donation to D & D Christmas for Kids 2012 Project.

5. Dave B.

Dave B.

If you're not part of the organizing committee for a club's car shows, I know things like this can be a little hard to understand.

Whoever "D & D Rockin' Rods" is, I can guarantee that they had their hands full just getting Wally World to let them have these shows. WalMart is, of course, prime real-estate to any car-show organizer. But, they're really a tough sell when it comes to using their property. D & D probably only got the lot by combining the charity angle with lucky timing of WalMart's grand re-opening.

I know that it puts off some people, but the organizers from D & D probably thought they'd died and gone to car-show heaven!

Dave B.

6. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

They usually don't charge the folks for the lot to hold the event, most likely the organization holding the event is charging the fee.
    Love em or hate em, I'm sure Wally World is going to give a nice donation to the charity.
    They always do in our town.

7. jbtine

jbtine

I'm not against D&D. They put on some good shows. A show with a good turnout is at Sonic in south Ft Worth. Another good one in the Old South Pancake house on University Dr north of TCU. None of these venues make the kind of money that Wally World makes. You can't tell me WW doesn't know the draw these cars have parked in their parking lot coupled with good advertising. When I lived in Pensacola I knew the manager of a WW near the back gate of the Naval Air Station and he would bend over backwards to get us there. It may have helped that he owned an old car too.

8. F%&k WALLMART! And the plutocrats who own it! I never go there - haven't even been inside the newish one they built here in Nowheresville, OK. I know, they don't miss my small change in the greater scheme of things. BUT! I like the thrill of self righteous indignation! They shoud be paying us to drive our cars over there - I wouldn't go anyway!

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Our car club used to meet and park at a Walmart. Then they kicked us out, said we were an insurance risk. No punks doing burnouts, nothing. The ladies would go in and shop, us guys would hang and talk cars. Screw'em!

Walmart lost my respect when they successfully lobbied Congress a couple years ago to not inspect cargo boxes from overseas for nuclear traces. Thats pure treason!

10. Deuces

Deuces

Just walk in there and brouse around for a little bit then yell out: where do you keep the "made in the U.S.A. stuff"..... It would help if you went in there with a bunch of your buddys and act like you don't know each other and have them repeat what you yelled out....
    Oh, and make sure the customers hear ya! ;)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  11. To quote Paris Hilton: "What's a Wall Mart?"

12. Abomb

Abomb

If you'd read what you posted, you may notice that Walmart has nothing to do with the
    cost of the show, nor do they get any profits....as if profits are a bad thing....Jeez...sounds like MSNBC around here sometimes....:rolleyes:

13. Don't Go ! See I solved your problem in two words. You're welcome. :D

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

15. jbtine

jbtine

16. Abomb

Abomb

17. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

If you hate wallyworld so much dont shop there,show your car there, or post up their name repeatedly on the net.

18. jbtine

jbtine

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  19. scarylarry

scarylarry

20. Abomb

Abomb

Yep, I have recently come to your conclusion...

21. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

The one in Covington here is free and its every weekend.

22. That makes three of us. I tried to help in my earlier post too.