Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Waa- I cant post to threads" ..threads

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by SAM123, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Seems we get alot of this complaint and, agreed, it goes back to the person that doesnt read the sticky but in all fairness the ad (screen) does say "Post Reply" in the form of a big red icon. I imagine that icon is there by some kind of default but my suggestion ... delete the default in the "ads" section .... or is that just not a possibility?

2. silent rick

silent rick

the original poster will lose the ability to bump his ad if there wasn't a reply thingy

3. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

With the ability to search in the classifieds why bother bumping anyways? I don't just scroll through when I'm searching for a part, I search for it.

4. Thats a good point Rick but dealing with that function could probably be addressed and solved .. somehow. On some forums by editing a post it sends it right back to the top . The new price or "btt" edited into the original post would be all it took to put it back on top , and of course the original poster is the only person capable of editing... or maybe some other approach.

The world isnt going to quit spinning if this situation isnt solved ... I am just offering input that might be helpful. Expecting folks to read the stickys is probably too wishful. LOL

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

Personally, I dont see the point in dumbing the HAMB down to suit the Users that cant figure this out..

Seems to me that the people that dont take the trouble to read a sticky, will just find another little bump in the road to trip themselfs up on.

But again, that is just my personal opinion...

6. I guess I don't understand why so many people want to reply to an add? I always thought it was stupid to reply with " P.M. sent " when they will see the P.M. before the post.

7. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

I like the fact that posts can't be made on the ads. Especially for cars.
    Most posts are nothing more than needless comments such as "Nice car".
    If you aren't seriously interested in buying, don't post in the thread!

On another forum I am on, "PM sent" is used as a marker. A way to publicly keep track of who is in line for whatever is for sale.