Register now to get rid of these ads!

W.t.f. Is the deal with the intro policy

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by BBobb, Sep 24, 2009.

1. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

DENISE DENISE DENISE DENISE DENISE DENISE DENISE DENISE
    I'm sooooo sorry.
    I feel like an idiot because I even looked at your post to see how to spell DENISE.
    Maybe THATS why I'm in mom's basement.

2. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Back when ever I was making my first few post I got told that a smart Idea would be to make an intro so everyone can get to know me..... Well I didnt complain, I clicked on the link the guy gave me and typed in a little bit about myself, And went on with happily posting on the hamb:D

3. Abone29

Abone29

When I joined I lurked and read,read,read and got a pretty good understanding of how things work here before I posted an intro.I agree with Tuck ,its like introducing yourself when you walk into somebodies garage.It's a common courtesy when trying to fit in.

4. I let a dude know about this one time and got my post deleted by the moderators, I don't think they like it when you try to do their job. Guys first post was selling parts, kinda chapped my ass that day, WTF?

5. hahahahahahahahahaha awesome

6. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

COME ON GUYS...you were all newbs. whats with the attitude now. i watch the newby board just to help my brothers of car lovers. and i tell them all how GOOD YOU ARE!!! was i wrong? just call me pop.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I never did an intro BECAUSE of the assholes who feel some need to trash new guys who don't. I did however fill out my profile which I think is more important since so very few people even see your intro.

as for noobs selling things there is one guy who shall remain nameless who's only posts here were for selling items. even in the main board.

anywhere you buy on the internet from strangers you are rolling the dice. intro will make no difference at all.

8. silent rick

silent rick

holeshot

the new lucky667

9. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

My first little bit on here was ruff, I fought with guys, guys fought with me, I stopped posting for a while and didnt come on here at all, then just lurked for a while and read on things then started posting again. You kinda have to just be here for a bit to get any respect, the older posters rap on ya a bit till you're here and stay here. It's liek they break ya in lol.

1shot

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

lmao... now that's funny... and true... :D

Because you don't post in the classifieds... PM them

11. Y,all missed reaming me out when I joined...Too late now suckers! I knew when to keep my mouth shut and eyes open.

12. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I never did an intro. I just started posting here and there; no one's reamed me for not doing one yet.

13. bbanks12

bbanks12

i must say that i was unaccustomed to posting an intro on any forum, but had no problem doing so on here. now i completely understand why, and i am glad i did. i have already made a few transactions between fellow HAMBers and i am very pleased with the trust you find. i even had one guy send the part before i sent payment! anyways, thanks to those of you who introduce and welcome us newcomers.

14. IIRC they decided a while back to not require an intro to post in the classifieds.

I mean ultimately who do you hurt if you keep that requirement and some people choose to not post there because of it? Would you really rather have to look on eBay or something to find parts people are posting here instead because it's free and worldwide?

15. kirby1374

kirby1374

Hey, I gladly did the intro. I am just so appreciative that I was able to find this site with so many great guys and gals with sooo much knowledge about HotRods:D

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Kinda funny how over half of these replies are from fairly new members......less than a year, low post counts, so on. I miss the OLD, ORIGINAL Germ. He'd SET a fIre that Makes HEll itSelf LooK like a day AT the NorTh POle under each newbie's ASS. Man, I'm GLAD he'S back but I miSS the ORIginal GERM!

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

you FORGOT the commas,,,,,

The dragon FaRTZ death kandy,,,,The LION sleeps toNACHT in a pool of his own MISt,,,,,,,,,,,

PABST, FlaVored icICLES,,,,,,

18. i know i want to tell them something, but i do not want to post in their add or bump the add to the top.

19. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I just sold a bench today in the classifieds to a FNG ShileyM1956 who had 2 posts to his credit. A true stand up guy that was telling me he had tried to buy off the classfieds but couldn't get a response to his PM from the seller. Said the seller keeps posting new stuff and bumping his stuff up but won't respond to his pm's. I said it may be due to his low post count. I didn't have a real answer other than that.

20. Look on the flipside.

We had a guy join the H.A.M.B. about a year ago...wanting info on a Cammer-powered race car he had recently purchased. I politely suggested that he do an intro as it's tradition here & he might get slammed for not doing so...doing the intro might keep his thread on topic, without any drama...I wrote that the car sounded cool...no big deal. End of story, you'd think.

I promptly got slammed by a well-known long-time H.A.M.B.'er who said as far as he was concerned, anybody who owned a 427 SOHC didn't NEED to post an intro (IIRC "a fuckin' intro"). So apparently, having lots of cash = no intro necessary. :rolleyes:

Don't think I've bothered to suggest doing an intro to a newbie since....

21. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Well mine should frost ya! I find that explaining my self or my life is rather boring to others so I opted not to say much......................
    Besides hotrodladycruzr said it best you can be who ever you wanna be OR don't wanna be!

22. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

hi denise , I'm denephew

23. Call me a hoodlum ... but I never did an intro when I joined ... I just figured filling out my Profile and including my "automotive biography" would suffice as an Introduction.

That stated, I do admit that I checkout the "New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!" sub-forum on pretty much a daily basis ... reading FNG's first posts are almost always entertaining! ... you can always tell when a guy has neglected to lurk here for awhile before making his first post. :D

24. gentler calmer HAMB? , damn whos got the fuckin Taser??

25. wvenfield

wvenfield

"Hey guys, I just stumbled upon this car that was in the neighbors garage. Check it out, I hear it's an old show car. A custom Tall T or something. I was told that this was the place to get info on it.....Here, check it out".

Reply: Hey asshole, where is your introduction?

26. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I just want to say that my first post was an intro, and a proper one at that. I also think it curious that some seem to "live" there. I wonder who currently has the record for the most "hi, how ya doin'" posts?

27. I lurked for two years and I still fucked up my intro!

28. Brahm

Brahm

I don't even know what happened to my intro post, when I logged back in after getting the '29 (it had been a few years) all my posts were gone, my original account was poof, and this account was still around from 01 with nothing in it.. so ya I current don't have an intro....but I'm sure if I ramble long enough you'll be happy when I have as few threads a possible.

29. RodStRace

RodStRace

I lurked long enough to know the rules, and my first post was my intro. Haven't tried to sell anything, and haven't spent any time over in the intro section. I've flagged a few classifieds with FNGs replying not PM'ing, and tried to flame one FNG in the trad spirit over what I felt was a really dumb post. I got the hook on that one, and it did sting. I was also proven right, but that's all behind me now. I put up the coin for my tag because I believe in this place, even though I'm a bit off of the mainstream.
    The cred here is amazing, even though the stuff you have to wade through is getting thicker, like this long-ass post.

30. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

My BA,D. The ORca Betty HUGE ones thAT Sleep in the ShadowS OF the MAster HOTROD builDERS EVERGLOWING Light hopeFULLY, will forGIVE my IGnorNce.
    JUST LIKE THE 50's, BRO.

Slitting my throat WITH the DULL blade of REALITY>>>>>