Register now to get rid of these ads!

W.t.f. Is the deal with the intro policy

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by BBobb, Sep 24, 2009.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Mods,if i am out of place please delete and accept my apologies

With that said,I joined the HAMB around two and a half years ago when there was around 42,000 members and i understand it has almost doubled and this is good.Has i recall if you did not put up your intro you would get your ass reamed out until you did.Now please don't get me wrong i am not trying to be the intro police,but now more often than not when i go to the classifieds to check out the adds it seems more often than not the fng's are very reluctant to post thier intro.It is risky enough these days to buy over the internet.but at least with an intro you will half ass know who you dealing with.......Theres my rant and to say the least my 2 cents worth

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Hi my name is Aaron and I'm a car guy

3. 6inarow

6inarow

Hey, I am with you. Every try giving a gentle reminder to the FNG's to do an intro? About the best that can come from it is they ignore you. Sometimes you even get the PM form the FNG that asks if the letters F.O. mean anything. IMO too many of these losers join to sell something

4. BBobb

BBobb

I have reminded a few of the new guys that put up the first post trying to sell some major coin items just to save them the embarrassment

5. I wondered the same.............

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

I think you just stepped up as "Intro Police"... Ryan will be contacting you with all the passwords and login info and will be changing your title from Alliance Member to I.P.!! :D

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Yep, seems like most of the FNG's first post is something for sale and their profile is all but blank!!

8. BBobb

BBobb

Will that make me immune from all lawsuits when i hurt their little feelings

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's only typed words on a computer. Whether they do one or not doesn't mean it's the truth.

10. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I don't know, you can file a civil suit for just about anything these days.

11. The Shocker

The Shocker

Agreed + 1 ...

12. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

''My name is Bob and i;m definitely not from Nigeria or any other famous scamming country
    wanna buy a car?:D 100% up front and the balance immediately

We can write whatever the hell we want as an intro--it means diddly squat but it would be polite is all

13. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

So true, everyone should be Alliance members!:):)

14. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

I did the intro- but not trying to sell anything. I am just trying to scrape some experienced pointers off you guys from time to time... as well as the opinion on different routes. I see the intro as reasonable for whatever reason you joined...

Spaz

15. BBobb

BBobb

That's some funny stuff right there!!!

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Hi I'm Czuch. I 'm 6'2" m and work out all day every day. I'm a rocket scientist and a brain surgeon. On the weekends I repair household appliances for the poor and cook gourmet meals for the homeless. Sometimes I go to foregin countries on special missions for the cia. I've been on every continent and in every state. Right now I live in my mom's basement because I'm wating for some of Denice's cookies.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and if I was going to buy a high priced ticket item from you I would certainly look at all your posts and then who your "friends" are and PM a few of them to see if you were a stand up guy. I would never by from a FNG with a low post count and no friends. ;)

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No cookies to guys who can't spell my name correctly :p

19. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

requiring intros helps keep some of the spam/mass scams down a bit...kind of like the club kept the most retarded of car thieves from stealing your car

20. 1931av8

1931av8

Denise:

Would you be my friend? I have some crap to sell!

Tom

BTW - I spelled your name correctly. :D

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

We'll all be kickin back when there are 200,000 people on here sayin "Remember back when there were 100,000 folks on here? Those were the days!"

With the popularity of the HAMB growing, and the lack of any other credible forum, expect more street rodderZ, bad boyZ, and the like.

22. Berzerk

Berzerk

I hope your giving the new guys eleven months before you get pissed off at them, because that is how long it took for you to do your intro...

23. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

BBobb<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4371446", true); </SCRIPT>

I agree with ya ,not so much about buying something,because as Denise said,

you should do some background work first,

but

Just because its in the rules and I'm happy to be part of the H.A.M.B

that said ,

most of the time the FNG just act rude and act as if its owned to them

NOT to follow the rules....

Flame away I have my asbestos undies on

24. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

The hamb has always had a tight knit core of people that are more or less friends with common passions and intrests... it used to be the only place you could meet like minded hard core traditionalists also known as the "one per-centers[tm]"

Guys that have HELLFIRE.

I think it stemmed from the idea that its polite to introduce yourself when you walk into someone else's garage...

Its hard to call a place yours until you start to contribute and invest in it...

I don't look at this like a normal forum... I don't think I ever have. Its one of a kind...

That doesn't mean you have too intro... just stand in the corner and keep to yourself.

Tuck

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  25. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Nicely said and true. I get my info and tech and all around daily grind from what seems like the same people. Every now and then someone joins and drops something really cool on us.

26. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Half of the bastards get on and tell you they will buy something and then they dont, or you will message them about buying something and they wont respond to anything. The blank profiles get's me, I always go and look at there profiles, if they're blank, they can check out.

1shot

27. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

In 02 we did intro's and still got our asses reamed. ;)
    Theres just no way I could barge into a forum or garage without introducing myself.

28. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

The rule is there for a reason, respect the board and the rules, and the people of the board and put up an intro, and when someone suggests it, dont go off on'em. It makes you look bad.

29. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

It's ok... I am a slow noob with 2 friends... :( lol I not only "Sell" things but i also TRADE. So you send your stuff to me first- and once I get it I will send mine... How does that not sound legit?!? HAHA

30. I've been on forums where you can't post anything in classifieds until you hit a certain number of posts. It's usually low, 10-25 posts or so. I agree with BB about guys with one post listing stuff for sale, I don't like it and usually don't buy from them because I don't know anything about them. Keeps the spammers away too. I don't get too worked up about an intro, but do look at post count in all the classifieds.