Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Von Dutch in the movies....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazy Steve, May 26, 2017.

1. Semi-watching one of the old movie channels late tonight when a low-rent biker movie came on; 'Angels from Hell'. Nobody in it I'd ever heard of, but when the opening title/credits started rolling, the artwork caught my eye. Sure enough, 'Titles and Stuff by Von Dutch'. Besides the opening titles, some 'biker club' wall artwork looks like his work too. A search of the movie database IMDb shows two more movie credits; uncredited 'technical adviser' on 'Electra Glide in Blue', and 'Special Effects' for 'Dolemite'. He was also involved in custom firearm building for movies/TV, most notably the cut-down rifle used by Steve McQueen in 'Wanted: Dead or Alive". Seems he didn't check with the ATF before building it (you need permission and a tax stamp to cut a rifle barrel shorter than 16") and the show producers had to pay a $1100 fine...

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    rjones35, mad mikey and catdad49 like this.
  2. Colin HD

Colin HD

Kool, would love to see some 'screenshots' if you have them?

3. Von Dutch was a freelance guy, work is work. His art stands for itself and has influenced this hobby. I'll keep it positive and say he was a real ''character''.
    These days, the BATFE would jail someone over that barrel.
    Quick search didn't turn up Von Dutch art, but here's the movie poster. A ''cycle psycho''!
    [​IMG]

mad mikey and continentaljohn like this.
  4. No screenshots, but you can find it on utube....

5. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

He built the car in the Steve McQueen movie, "The Reivers".

deucemac and Just Gary like this.
  6. 120mm

120mm
    from Iowa

A couple years ago "Von Dutch" logo on a "pre-distressed" T-shirt was the coolest thing among the teenaged girl fashion set. [​IMG] My kids have been out of high school for a few years, and we'd sponsored an exchange student. I stupidly commented on some 15 year old's t-shirt which elicited a vacant look from said 15 year old. Didn't have the slightest clue what her t-shirt represented.

[​IMG]

7. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

There are always dozens of Von Dutch ball caps on eBay. And usually some T-shirts. Some men's items appear there from time to time. I scored a large Von Dutch belt buckle on eBay some years ago.

8. Fun movie! The fictitious Winton Flyer had a major role...

deucemac likes this.