Register now to get rid of these ads!

Viva or Bust!!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Kopperhead53, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Kopperhead53

Kopperhead53

Got the chopped Kopperhead 53 done enough for Viva. Got the windsheild cut and in a hour before we left. It was raining here in AZ. Packed up and left no rain until Chino Valley didnt last. The Built Six ran 75 all the way no problems. Before i left I wrote "Viva or Bust" on the trunk. What a great weekend showing the 53 for the first time. Sunday left at 9:30 am for the 5 hour drive. Got to Bullhead city no problem. Started pulling the hill and fire started beltching from the carbs. Bad sign!!! pulled over screwed with the timing for 20 minutes. turned back for Bullhead spent 10 hours in the CHecker Auto parking lot. Thought we got it running well enough for home. Got to Kingman for Gas no problems just not running perfectr.30 miles outside of Kingman on I40 at 2 am. TRagedy!!!. Smoke smell loud rattles???? Dreaded u joing in the torque tube coupler. Burt smell was the cork casket that burned when the u joint came apart at 4000 RPM.s Flatbed took her to Seligman for an ungaured 6 hour rest. Fortunately wife was behind friend and I in her truck. Got home to Clarkdale at 4 am and got up with a trailer at 8am.
    Damn It was all worth it.

2. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome from Ct

3. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

so i guess it was a bust then,.. welcome...

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Tough break, Welcome to the HAMB.

5. Big D

Big D

Where there are trains there are weaks, welcome from Pa. Hope you have better luck next time. BIG D