Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage wiring.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoon, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Spoon

Spoon

Flipping trough a slick copy of the Rodders Journal, I recently noticed a car that had the original type wiring from a Ford. Like the stuff that came on my '50 shoebox. Fabric covered. Colored green, black, tan... with different colored stripes. Real easy stuff to identify.
    Does anyone reman this stuff? If so, post a link!

2. Mutt

Mutt

Spoon, someone does manufacture new wiring with cloth covering, but I can't give you a manufacturer's name. Try a web search for cloth covered restoration wiring, or something along those lines and you should get some results.

MUtt

3. i love wiring with that stuff , i just did a `40 ford coupe with it....i get it from rhode island wiring service

http://www.riwire.com/

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Bobdrake.com or dennis-carpenter.com should have that stuff.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've made up several wiring harnesses from scratch using this type wire. Looks vintage, but with the dependability of modern wire. Last I bought supplies (wires & ends), I got them from Harnesses Unlimited in Pennsylvania. Small outfit, but excellent products & service. I don't know if they have a web site or what it is, but their address is:

Harnesses Unlimited
    Box 435
    Wayne, PA. 19087

6. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

7. Spoon

Spoon

I knew ya'll would know where to find it!

Thanks fellas.

8. jonnycola

jonnycola

I bought a roll of spark plug wire from this guy a while back.
    http://www.magnetoparts.com/wire.htm

Also, try some TV and Radio repair places, ones that are pretty established, and have been there for a while... there's one near me that I can get small lengths from.

9. jonnycola

jonnycola

Ah, beat me to the punch.

Hey, not to hijack the post, but would that larger gauge magnito wire work as plug wire on a hot rod? Would I be able to get away with just running a supressor on the coil, if I wanted to run a radio?

I've got a roll of really cool black/ green heavy gauge that I've always thought about using.

10. wireshop

wireshop
    from redlands

We have over a million feet of this vintage style wiring, over 250 different colors in stock. Give us a call at (909) 798-1498. Or check out our website. We also sell reproduction wire harnesses

www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com