Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage W&H DuCoil Distributor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JD Miller, Jan 3, 2012.

1. JD Miller

JD Miller

Diggin though my cabnets I pulled out an old vintage W&H DuCoil Distrubutor, as says on red metal tag riveted to the houseing. Its an old dual point, dual coil distributor

Anyone Have one or familiar with?

Says in Script "Performance Guaranteed", Anaheim Calif model D31DB. I have two red/brown bakelite caps that fit it also. Chevy houseing

ls1yj likes this.
  2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yes. Popular in the '60s. Luckily, the point sets they used were off the shelf items, but don't break that rotor or cap!

3. swifty

swifty

Yes I've got one on the 318 Poly in my T-bucket. Bought it in 1966 from Weiands and got full set of spares to go with it-cap, rotor, condensors and points. Haven't needed any of the spares yet but I don't drive the bucket much.

If you're chasing info have a look at this thread which titus started.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443192&highlight=titus

4. JD Miller

JD Miller

5. Edelbrock carried them in their catalog also. My '56 T-Bird had one since '56, but I replaced it w/ a tach drive Unilite...I hate screwing with dual points. And, I couldn't find another cap for it.

6. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I have an NOS one for my Y-Block but the cap is broken... PM me if you would sell one or know of a source to replace mine...

7. early ones made by w & h and later ones wore the mr. gasket decal who bought them out. have 2 w&h ones and one with the mr gasket decal. all three for chevys.

8. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I was told they all take the same cap... if so, anyone have one for sale? I'll dig it out and take a photo of distributor & box

9. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

We had one on the '57 back in the mid '60's. The cap was so close to the firewall that after we busted the first one, we decided we had to recess the firewall for clearance. We ordered parts from Honest Charley and had them sent by Greyhound...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  10. sunbeam

sunbeam

Cool old unit each set of points and coil fired 4 cylinders. Wireing one was interesting the next cylinder in order was straight accross and around one.

11. CGkidd

CGkidd

Old thread but cool info. I just picked up one for a FE. Missing the rotor