Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features VINTAGE SPRINT CAR PIC THREAD, 1965 and older only please.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Joshua Shaw, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BS_in_SC

BS_in_SC

Yes, that is the correct picture. When all those pictures disappeared, the posts renumbered themselves.

2. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

PM me ... Let's talk about what style your looking for. I have THREE different NOSE MOLDS. ;)

J Shaw

3. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

One like this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or this?
    [​IMG]

If Josh doesn't have what you need I may be able to make a metal one for you.

4. slobitz

slobitz
    from drums, pa

I`m mixed up on this Mac Clingan deal. I have a Hillegas that Blaney drove or Thomas carried #10. I also have the tail off of the Pfrommer car, it has #18 but is a different color. got it from a guy in N.Y. many years ago. My Hillegas sprint was the Deb Snyder Miracle Power #3 The right dash tag with the right ##.
    I know Mac Clingan drove this car.

I`ll try to attach a photo of Blaney in it.
    Stan......................... <!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

5. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

6. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Came across this shot of Mike Nazurak in the Nyquist car at his last race, Langhorne 1955. Noticed there was a picture of someone on the nose but can't make out who it is. My guess is it's a tribute to Larret Crockett, maybe? Anyone know?

Attached Files:

7. Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

It does look like it could be Crockett!

8. baldtireman

baldtireman

Stan: When Mac Clingan came to western Penna. to run his Hillegas as a super-modified,it was painted white with robin egg blue flames/scallops,much like the Nyquist/Pfrommer car of the previous era. At one of the fisrt appearances at Greater Pittsburgh Speedway, the car was flipped badly,with much damage. Yet Mac was back the next week. Maybe there was a second car! I do remember that the car was quite competitive on the smooth 1/4 mile fondly remembered as "Clinton".I sure would like to see some old photos/movies from that place.It only lasted as a dirt track from 1958 thru 1965. I saw so many excellent races there as a kid..........Wow. I will make a list of drivers that I remember at a future time. It was an amazing place! John S.;)

9. Big Dad

Big Dad

10. Big Dad

Big Dad

bunch more too

[​IMG]

11. Big Dad

Big Dad

12. tractorguy

tractorguy

Thanks for the link and the visibility on my old CAE sprint car. Hate to let it go but the old barn I'm renting with my brother is being torn down and no place to put stuff anymore.

13. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

14. wynns #1

wynns #1

Who is in the Cooper Speed shop car? It does not look like Tommy McAndrew.

15. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Gene Varner, I think. I didn't keep records because I thought I'd never forget anything.:) My problem is I never knew much in the first place.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  16. the shadow

the shadow

Awesome work!

Paul

17. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Thought I'd post a few pics from Northwest Vintage Racers/Golden Wheels opener at Stateline Idaho. Weather didn't cooperate too well. Car count was twenty plus which was pretty good considering the Coast guys had a 300 mi tow with chancy weather forcast.

Attached Files:

18. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Heres a few more. Golden Wheels is primarily midgets with a mixture of postwar to late 70's cars. WCVR is primarily Sprinters of 60's 70's. Modifieds which were always very popular in this area are now coming out of the woodwork.

Attached Files:

19. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

This rear engine car was running with the local winged sprinters. It was one of Ed Sneva's many inovative creations which were driven by his boys. The roadster in the background ,orig built by Joe Webby was typical of many such cars in the aarea that ran alternately as Sprints or Modifieds.

Attached Files:

20. oldebob,
    Great to see Ralph Monhay's No. 33 modified. Ford powered, from the 1964 season. His home track, back then, was Haney Speedway (Haney, BC).

Here's a link to more about Ralph, and the car, from some Prince George Citizen clippings.

http://befastpast.blogspot.com/search/label/Ralph Monhay

Ralph continued racing with the CAMRA circuit, finishing in the top ten points a number of times.

21. wynns #1

wynns #1

Hi jusdan24,
    The number you requested is 717 432 8188

22. Buildy

Buildy

On the Nyquist-I was always told that was a photo of Iron Mike himself on the nose.....

23. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

[​IMG]

Bill Burks & Benny Rapp

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  24. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Just curious....the wheelbase on this one appears smaller than normal. Is it?

[​IMG]

25. PK

PK
    from Ohio

Al, was this photo taken at the IMCA WinterNationals in Tampa at the Old Fairgrounds? The fence and infield curb look familiar.
    PK

26. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

Bert Dodge, Bob Wilke picture as promised Flemington fair, dad Earl Halaquist & George Nesler, Dickson after win, Scats' million dollar tow rig just like today, and Duncan's sweet 16

Attached Files:

27. sm66p

sm66p
    from gone

Bob Bergeron Collection.

28. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Well, I guess, that would make it easy to find your car in the pits.:rolleyes:

29. Sprinter 2

Sprinter 2
    from Ct.

Hi guys, check the Midget thread for Wynns#1,s latest restoration... and while we are at it , who is coming to Loudon NH for the Vintage Celebration next week and what are you bringing ?

30. baldtireman

baldtireman

I wonder why I never see a restored Trevis sprinter with one of the "muzzles" on the front. As I remember,they were "O.E.".at least on the early cars that ran around western Pennsylvania in the 1959 and the early 1960's. John S.:)