Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage speed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heyitsnate, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

i got my 2x2 adapter from vintage speed along with a fuel block...and i gotta say i'm not happy.almost all of the holes were either drilled wrong or tapped wrong. it works now,after hassling with it,but if i'm going to pay top dollar and wait forever,i expect the product to be quality.

2. John Copeland

John Copeland
    Member Emeritus

I'm trying to set up a tri power for an old Y block that belongs to a friend of mine. He gave me many pieces and $$$$ worth of parts that came from Vintage Speed. In my opinion, there all junk!

shoe

3. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

I have bought many parts from vintage speed. Their Stromberg 97 rebuild kits aren't bad. Never had a problem with those. The floats they sell suck. I have bought 4 and 3 have taken on gasoline. I bought their finned valley pan and that bad boy didn't fit, I had to trim it up to get it to work right.

4. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

after seeing the work on my friends 6x2 chevy setup i will NEVER buy anything from him, the holley 94's wasnt matched, and was poorly put together, didnt fulfill what i would expect for paying topdollar for a setup.

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Uh oh, here we go again.

6. better stop bidding on the 2x2 adapter huh!!???

7. I dont get tired of telling this story.

I ordered a tri-power, I figuered, what the hell. No problem.

I built a house. Yes, a house. I poured it, framed it, put a roof on it, lathed it, sheet rocked it, electrical, plumbing, and final CofO..... bla, bla, bla, I even helped move the fucking customers in. In Santa Barbara! The most red tape city in the world.

still no tri-power. I called old Charlie and told him I built a fucking house while I was waiting and to blow my tri-power out of his ass.

Fuck Him.

and that's all I have to say about that.

8. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

It been said many times. The guys service sucks and lots of his parts suck. We may need a list on here of pepole that Suck. That is in a bad way.

9. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

if my friend was "cheating" by blocking 4 of the 6x2 carbs he would have needed to rebuild 4 of the 6 carbs anyhow...
    nothing you would like to do for paying for 6 rebuilt carbs....

maybe i'm insane for demanding that the carbs are matched and in good condition when someone pays for it...
    really nice with a ½" crack in the top of one carb aswell..

glad i never bought anything from him, heard good stuff but my closest encounter with vintage speed stuff is all i needed to never want to deal with them...

there are better places...

10. Crease

Crease

Psycho,

Weren't you that cat that reamed me last time this topic come up? Im pretty sure that was you. Weren't you a former member of the Charlie Price congregation?

Ordered a Charlie Price set up. The next day, I started carving a full scale Eifel Tower out of Pomade. I finished the tower long before I ever received the carbs. Damnit Gooch, send me some pics buddy.

11. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

must been ages ago but if i did i take it back and regret my former mistakes
    sure hope that what ever i posted that said anthing good about that place and someone orderd anything because of that.. that they didnt get shitty stuff

12. Crease

Crease

No need to regret, just glad you saw the light.

13. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

Learn from your mistakes....

I have...and friends of mine have too...

I have absolutely nothing good to say about
    Charlie Price and Vintage Speed...

14. What is this? The 30th time we covered this in the last 4 years? When is this hacks rep going to catch up with him????

15. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

if i had gotten the goods on e-bay i would have negative feedbacked the dogshit outta him......his parts are pretty......pretty friggin' useless.i'm gonna grind the logo off that adapter.

16. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

[ QUOTE ]
    What is this? The 30th time we covered this in the last 4 years?
    When is this hacks rep going to catch up with him????

[/ QUOTE ]

that's an excellent question.....

17. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

Give Northwest Speed Equip. a try. We sell complete set ups and make our own 4bbl - 2x2 adapter and its got equal length runners. We also produce and sell Eelco linkage. Money back guarantee and next day shipping guarantee on parts in stock. www.northwestspeedequipment.com Thanks for the opportunity!

18. marq

marq

Hey sled i can't get anything under the intake or accessory stuff to come up .Come on man if you got the goods get a grip and get it up on ya site i cant buy it if i cant see it..................Marq

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

So we know this guy is bad but

Who do you recommend buying good 97 and 94 from.....?

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

This kind of bums me out. I remember when Charlie had his shit together but over the last 15 years he has gotten progressively worse. HIs wife is a complete bitch on the phones these days and getting worse. He used to be the guy to go to. Now he's the guy to stay away from. Kind of a bummer to watch someone go to hell in hand basket...

21. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

I don't know...I've heard of alot of guys having probs with Charlie's shit....anything I've gotten from him always seemed to work out just fine....but I haven't tested my carbs yet...we rebuilt 'em with a couple of Charlie's floats...sure hope to god they don't take on gas....or they'll have to go up "somebody's" ass

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hey Charlie, I'm sure you're reading this, where's our goddamn barbecue?

23. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

[ QUOTE ]
    we rebuilt 'em with a couple of Charlie's floats...sure hope to god they don't take on gas....or they'll have to go up "somebody's" ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres a quick way to check floats. Boil up a pan of water. take it off the heat, submerge float. If air bubbles come out its got a hole. Solder it up.

24. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Yeah, Charlies parts are cast in sand on the banks of the River Ganges, and machined up in a Bangkok sweatshop with blunt drills and metric hammers!

Nah, I never seen a Vintage Speed Part, but I'll join in with the abuse and downgrading for the hell of it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. hey,

a friend of mine (a fellow hamber) finally received his 2x2 adapter for his ford. the casting is horrible - there is junk in all the intake passages. he had to wait ages for the part as charlie was waiting for some chrome blanks to block some unused holes...so after waiting forever...charlie ships it...with the blanks [​IMG]

the earlier idea of the shit list really isnt a bad one... need to know who to avoid.

danny

26. Kustm52

Kustm52

Doesn't a HAMBer own this place?

97 Heaven

Brian

27. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

[ QUOTE ]

97 Heaven

Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt even that guy a hamber?

there you go get your carbs from 97heaven
    and your intakes off ebay etc...

28. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

[ QUOTE ]

97 Heaven

Brian

[/ QUOTE ]Yep! That's our (my) boy HotRodJosh. He's got those adapters, too.

29. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Im the guy psycho boy reffered to.. yeh the adapter is a bit rough for the money..has a huge lump of casting flash in one runner,would only take a second to grind out but I expected better...also he said he would ship it ups and it came surface mail he charged 43 bucks P&H and the postage was 21 on the pack..22 bucks for a box and tape? he's lost me and everyone I know...

30. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

talk about me being senile and asking the same question and quoting the same questions haha

think i will put in an order to 97heaven withing 1-2 months need carb stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.