Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Vintage Speed Accelerator Pump Assy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alanp561, Jul 16, 2022.

1. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has anyone used the new synthetic cup accelerator pump assembly from Vintage Speed for the Stromberg 81's.? Reading the description, it says it's not to be used with alcohol fuels. I wonder how long it takes for the new cup to deteriorate.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. back to the top

alanp561 likes this.
  3. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

Are they saying not to be used with methanol, or ethanol laced gasoline ? The former makes sense. The latter, not so much. Selling something incompatible with the vast majority of pump gas doesn't sound likely. I'd give them a call to clarify. Mike

slayer, lothiandon1940 and alanp561 like this.
  4. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doesn't specify which, methanol or ethanol. They make them for 97, 94 and 81. You're right, I'll give them a call. I just wanted to know if anyone had used them and what their results were.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Be great if they could be used in other carbs, Carter etc.

alanp561 likes this.
  6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay, I called Vintage Speed and had a very informative conversation. I was looking for any information on using their new Stromberg 81 accelerator pump assembly with the synthetic cup with E10 gas. I was assured that it is perfectly safe to use on the street with the synthetic cup if you're burning E 10, but it is not to be used for pure alky burning motors. I'm going to take the plunge and buy a pair for the 81s going on my pretty much stock 59 AB that's going in my '27 T.

Also found out that the reason that 81s are so scarce is because there's a bunch of Midget Racers that use them and they're hoarding them. That's what makes them so expensive.

Hoping for the best :).

AccurateMike likes this.