Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4everblue

4everblue

Wonder how that rode. :)

2. The late, great Al Hofmann

[​IMG]

3. It's a long way back, but in post #91161 I'm thinking the guy working on the Isky roadster is photoshopped. Isn't that a mid 60's hemi valve cover on that stack behind him?

4. Thank you!
    I'm laid off, have a lot of time on my hands.
    I'm 61 years old, much if not most of what I grew up with has vanished without a trace. The internet has some pics of "days gone by", the rest has vanished into obscurity, and I mean vanished. People and places from my youth are just gone, can't find a mention of them anywhere!
    I grew up next to small airport with a hot rodding older brother in the car crazy 50's and 60's. Jets were relativly new, atomic everything was the wave of the future, nobody had been to outer space yet. The world was full of possibilities, lot's less people. Four TV channels, AM radio, stereo was futuristic!
    I'm just posting stuff I find interesting in the hope others will too.
    If there are repeats, sorry, I'm not going to scour 91,000 pictures to see!
    The HAMB is one of the few places that seems to appreciate history, though it seems most of you weren't born yet!
    If you weren't, you missed out on one of the greatest times in American history!

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    garham likes this.
  5. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

You said it Gary! Post on Brother!

6. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Re post 91227: That car has been photographed many times in Isky's old shop since the car was 'rediscovered' by Hot Rod Magazine back in the late '70s or early '80s. Don't know if he ever had to cut off the pipes as seen here. That is a 426 Hemi back there. May have been a photo shoot set up to look like some guy working on his old roadster.

7. argand

argand
    from New Jersey

I'm 68,the world is even more bizarre to me. Worse than the changes to places and things are the change in the people. Car stuff here on this thread is cool but the street scenes of ordinary people are even better.You guys gotta keep it up - don't have no PICs to share

8. jroberts

jroberts

How about some Duesenberg action.

Duesenberg at Pikes Peak

[​IMG]

"
    If you looked at this picture and instantly noticed that both front wheels are in the air, you aren’t alone.
    To this day the 1932 Whitney Straight Type 91 ex-Scuderia Ferrari Duesenberg is the fourth fastest car ever around the Brooklands Outer Circuit having achieved a top speed of 138.15 mph on 13th October 1934 in the hands of famous racing driver, Whitney Straight." (Found at silodrome.com)

[​IMG]

Jimmy Murphy in the number 12 Duesenberg (bottom) is leading Ralph DePalma
    in the number 4 Ballot on April 10, 1921 at Beverly Hills Speedway. (Found at autoracingmemories.com)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.