Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Race cars at Indy Mile, Raceway Park Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racephoto1, Jun 1, 2012.

1. racephoto1

racephoto1

Ok , I was Raceway Park and the Indy Mile for the champ car races. I also took photos of the vintage cars. I had one problem though. At the mile they threw the checkered too soon. A couple guys were just getting going when the threw it. Here are some shots , and I have some at ,
    www.Racephoto1.com .

I also would like to know when the vintage guys run at Washington Courthouse in Ohio.

[​IMG]
    IMG_9715 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_9714 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_8749 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr
    Yes, it's Parnelli.

The dirt pictures are in the Hoosier Hundred 2012 group.The pavement is under Silver Crown LORP 2012.

2. firingorder1

firingorder1

Great to see real sprint cars doing what they do best.

3. What a great shot of Parnelli. He has had quite a life. I will always remember when he had the turbine and went from last to first in a lap or two, and passed everybody on the track. I can imagine the grin on his face.

4. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

DANG!! You got a couple great shots there!!!

White and Red #10 car is the "ol Bitch" sprinter being driven by Mike Whitney ("Richcraft mike" on here) (note the "B" in the bumper pertaining to the cars well earned nick-name)

and the Blue #23 is the HART/JONES sprinter being driven by Roy Caruthers ("Racer5c" on here)

Both cars are my customers.. Myself, Mike, and Roy do the Mantanance on them (And others) and run them.. HARD. ;)

Thanks!

J Shaw

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

5. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

The Antique Auto Racing Association lists only 3 events on their 2012 calendar. Washington Courthouse was run May 19.