Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage boats,who alls got em

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by hvychvy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Lostlakesteve

Lostlakesteve
    from mn

here is a 1935 chris-craft powerd by a ford flathead. it is one of 26 boats that chris-craft built and installed a flathead in. it was just sold and will be going to sweden.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  2. solos10

solos10
    from so.cal

your boat is "THE SHIT" i've got a 64 stevens with a built sbc all sixties vintage. Got anymore pics.

3. Choptop

Choptop

Here is a pic of ChopPop's Stevens flatbottom. 1967, matchbooked monkeypod wood deck, set up for a 390 Caddy motor. Name "The Exciter"

Pop sold it in the 80's and I'm still trying to find it back. Was sold to the Reno, NV area.

Attached Files:

4. Choptop

Choptop

a couple more pics.

Yes, that is a little Choptop in the boat with ChopPop. things to note... Yes, I had my own crash helmet at age 3 and wore it when we took the boat out for high speed runs.

ChopPop and my uncle lowering the 390 Caddy (bored out to 415) into the Exciter in our garage in Fair Oaks, Ca. ChopPop told everyone it was a Studie engine so it sounded a little less threatening. In reality it was a MONSTER engine.

Also note, I still have the Mustang pictured towing the boat.

Attached Files:

5. Choptop

Choptop

Here is a pic of ChopPop in his E-Boat in 1959. Note the Red Ram Hemi, the Crower intake and the Nash in the background. He raced this boat in Vegas and Marine Stadium, CA in the late 50's and early 60's.

Attached Files:

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We've got a '54 Chris Craft 17' Sportsman. Small block Chev with a Paragon. We've been using and abusing it for 18 years, it's in dire need of some work but we're having too much fun with it!

Attached Files:

7. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

ran across this one on e-pay.....I thought it was pretty cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. pacemaker

pacemaker

"TINA" 1951 Farley boat. Very similar to the one that took Franklin D. Roosevelt tarpon fishing. Home again in Port Aransas, Texas

Attached Files:

9. James427

James427
    BANNED

Here is one I picked up a few days ago without an engine (SBC) but my wife already wants it out of the driveway! I have not told her about the car I'm bringing home tomorrow! Anyone want it and the original trailer for $1,300?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. stickers

stickers

Very nice Steven's I believe its from late 50's or early 60's
    wishing it was mine. Killer engine too.....

Attached Files:

11. Abomination

Abomination

We've been looking for some 318 POly powered boats to post up on the Polyspherical Engine Association site for a while now...

~Jason

12. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

[​IMG]1976 Sabre 180, this boat was 16'7" and available straight drive only. It was the same hull as the Arabian 180. this was the hot rod of the boats only 16 feet and had a 351 ford

Attached Files:

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I love vintage boats and would like to find a mid 50s boat to pul with my 55 sunliner but the closest I have now is grampas mid to late 60s 12 foot fishing boat and dads 55 evinrude 7 1/2 HP motor. Jeff

14. M.D.

M.D.

'79 Omega. Mild 460/jet. Thinks fuel is free and comes from fire hydrant. Original 29 year old paint and gel coat. Would love a vintage wood boat with a flattie.

Attached Files:

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

yep that motor pic is a SBC, just has the oil tube in the rear breather hole which on a car is blocked off 99% of the time..

some great boats, now that I live on a lake, i am looking at small outboard boats in the 13-14ft range..

16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wouldn't mind one of these converted to a motor yacht:

[​IMG]

-Dave

17. murfman

murfman

When I was ~ 8 years old my Uncle lived on a boat in Bahia Mar in Ft Luaderdale Fla. He bacmae pretty good friends with the a guy that owned an old PT boat that was converted into a pleasure craft. I remember going to Bimini on it to pick up a "Delivery" of MaryJane:eek:

Oh yeah the owner of the boat was Jerry Garcia. Yes, THE Jerry Garcia. I was old enough to know he was in a band, but too young to appreciate who he was.

18. GreggAz

GreggAz

19. alsancle

alsancle

After wondering what kind of outboard before WWII would be big enough to power my prewar racer I found this racing engine at Hershey (yeah, I dug deep and bought it). It's a 4 banger 60 cube thats really big and really heavy and I guess about as powerful an engine as you could find in the 1930s. The engine hasn't been fired in years, which is fine cause the boat hasn't been in the water in more then 50 minimum so I'm going to put them together and make a nice display.

I guess 14 feet was the biggest outboard class prior to WWII and that's just how long this boat is. If anyone has any idea who made it or any info on prewar racing outboards I would appreciate it.

Attached Files:

20. rikkitabaras

rikkitabaras
    from dallas tx

Back in the 80s here in Dallas TX (if you are familiar with the area) in Pleseant Grove there was a place like a junk yard for boats I remember seeing fiberglass boats with wings like the 57 chevy and lots more. I will go to see if its still there and post pics.

21. Ramblur

Ramblur

22. 12packo94s

12packo94s

Finally got a pic of the 69 invader finished. The 50hp merc allready decided it was time to go ( in a cloud of smoke) . So looking for a replacement 50hp. I got it out enoug hto know it's scary though!!!.

Attached Files:

• 1[1].jpg
      1[1].jpg
      File size:
      29.9 KB
      Views:
  23. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Here's my 1959 Seaking Hornet,1959 Golden Jubilee 35 HP Evinrude and Matching 1959 Mastercraft Trailer.P.S it's for sale.

Attached Files:

24. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

I used to own this super rare boat. it's a 1962 Sealander. All wood. It has old airplane landing gear that flips over the side. No trailer needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. doc's

doc's

....now that's pretty cool.

26. kustomkat

kustomkat

The old mans Stevens, My ALL original Raysoncraft flat and some of his toys... The old man is pretty good with wood. Scratch built...

Attached Files:

27. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

That's just like the G.W.Invader I had back in the 60's, except mine was red. I had a 50 Merc on mine also...fast as hell and lots of fun for a 10' boat!!:D

28. poprodder

poprodder
    from uk

excellent pics there,
    i work on vintage boats (inland waterways) here in the uk.
    mostly timber boats(hate stinky boats), a dieing trade that nobody wants to learn.

29. Mickeypat

Mickeypat
    from Tennessee

Here's my '55 Chevy pick up with '59 Tomahawk Ski Mate

Attached Files:

30. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

My Dad and I built one like that in the mid 80's from a set of plans out of an old Boy's Life from when he was a kid (late 50's early 60's) It's still in Grandma's barn, and when we took it out we used his '52 (I think) Wizard 20 for motivation. It screamed. Only chucked the motor off the back once, then we put a safety bolt through. I'm gonna go grab that, clean it up and hang it up. Marine plywood covered with fiberglass was how we did it. Very cool pictures.