Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods vintage air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studebaker46, Jun 19, 2015.

1. studebaker46

studebaker46

does anyone have any good advice on the first generation vacuum activated small units. as I get older the more I cant stand to sweat. so any good advice will be greatly appreciated. this is going into 1941 ford pu thanx in advance Tom

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I'm not familiar with the first gen but if it has the Siamesed heater core/A coil like the Gen II make damn sure you have plenty of antifreeze in the cooling system and circulate the shit out of it to make sure it has antifreeze in the heater core before you turn the A/C on, other wise your heater core/A coil will be junk in a matter of minutes. ask me how I know...

3. studebaker46

studebaker46

thanks russco good info to know

4. Russco,
    Why does what's in the heater affect the cooling system? Maybe a dumb question I dunno.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

VA uses the same core for heating and cooling.

Gary

6. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I had ran my car for weeks and I thought ran it with the heater control valve open several times too, but when I was on the road and I finally decided to run my Air after a few minutes with the air running the heater core froze and split open and poured Antifreeze all over my new carpet. They blamed it on the antifreez not being properly circulated thru the core.