Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Vindication for all us Harbor Freight lovers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Jan 15, 2018.

1. southcross2631

southcross2631

To all of you Harbor Freight bashers. I bought a Harbor Freight generator 4 years ago and I ran my shop with it for a year before I got my shop wired and it ran 5 days a week for 8 hours a day in the Florida heat . Running my air compressor and my lights and my welder. With nothing more than an oil change.
    This past year it got me and my neighbor through the hurricane when the power was off for 3 days.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those guys never had serious need for a low price generator I'd say. I figure for most of my hobby use HF works fine, I'm not rolling a tool box into a shop to work anymore and don't have to impress anyone. Most of my hand tools are either SnapOn or old made in the US Craftsman bought years ago though.
    Looks like they held the security guard at gunpoint at 1:30 AM while the stuff was under the tent sale tent.
    BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Two masked robbers held a security guard at gunpoint over the weekend at Harbor Freight in Northwest Bakersfield.

The incident happened just before 1:30 a.m. Saturday. One man held the security guard at gunpoint while the other took three generators left outside during a sale, according to BPD.

The men fled in a black Chrysler 300 sedan.

They are described as two men in their 20s, dressed in all black.

If you have any information, call BPD at 327-7111.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

I bought a sawzall from HF about 7-8 yrs ago. A couple of years later I went to use it for the first time and it cut very, very slow. I took it back without a receipt and they gave me a new one. I took that one home and tried to use it, but it too cut very slow. Then I noticed a little knob with numbers on it.....

Sorry to say, but true story.

dan c, Saxman, crashfarmer and 8 others like this.
  4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

They will not be hard to locate , you can find them trying to complete a heist and the generator will give up the chase ! They will be caught red handed no power to complete their project ! Just damn thankful that the emergency warning system in Hawaii was not using a HF generator when clearing the ill fated warning signal !

5. C'mon Bob, those guys are going to bring jobs and money to our hillbilly county and turn it into Paradise!

bchctybob likes this.
  6. oldolds

oldolds

The 20% off will not work with generators and tool boxes. It's in the fine print. My little $99 generator powers my mothers oxygen machine every time the power goes out. Nice and light to hook up first when power is off.
    No. She will not die for hours without oxygen.

7. upspirate

upspirate

I like their Magnetic parts holder when they are free....have a few of them.magnetic wall tool holders too. A tape measure in every room and the boat too!!!

seb fontana likes this.
  8. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a local gun store was burgled recently. guess they missed the harbor freight a few doors away...

9. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Cops just need to follow the harbor freight famous aroma back to there section8 Home

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. ... My neighbor goes to HF so much ... and had collected so much of the free stuff ... he passed them out to bewildered kiddies on Halloween ...

11. gatz

gatz

lol....that's funny

12. Rich S.

Rich S.

Has anyone tried to sell anything that they have purchased from Harbor Freight? It ain’t worth crap!
    What the heck is stolen Harbor Freight stuff worth? I’m giving the generator a street value of $5 dollars and .75 cents

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  13. speedshifter

speedshifter

14. indyjps

indyjps

Kinda makes sense, those stores are lightly staffed, usually in low rent or industrial neighborhoods - slow cop response, on main roads for easy get away, you can stand there for hours casing the place before anyone asks if you need help or notices you.

Rich S. and '51 Norm like this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- bet the guard thought that he had a easy gig watching over HF stuff over nite. punks willing to shoot a poor under paid security guard. likely had to charge up their electric cars - gas motors are being outlawed in Calif

16. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Just another reason why crooks are stupid. Stealing from Harbor Freight.------------- Have you noticed everything that works good from them was bought 4 years ago. I do buy their chip brushes, I throw them away after a one time use.

Donuts & Peelouts and upspirate like this.
  17. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

This is proof what pot does to a person's brain.

18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Three Hondas might add up to a felony. :)

Lol, didn't know it was famous but now that you mention it, it's certainly there when you walk in. Sort of a cross between Les Schwab and IKEA. Surprised they haven't found a way to put it on the coupons.

Well I gotta get going. I just heard the Inventory Blowout Parking Lot Customer Appreciation MLK weekend sale has been extended for 3 days only!

bchctybob likes this.
  19. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We Flyover Country dwellers think Californians are a tad weird; this heist proves it.

da34guy likes this.
  20. The only thing to walk out of H F with is the cash register.

Rich S. and bchctybob like this.
  21. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

We do some high end restoration and buy all our ASSEMBLY air tools from HF. On tear down we use our good tools but can't take a chance on any contamination during re-assembly (paint) so get HF tools and run dry. Some last a day and some a week but are all trashed when they die. No WD40, no Armor All, no oiled tools, has cut way down on finish problems. Cheap disposable tools have a use. We did buy a pneumatic paint shaker from HF about five years ago while our Red Devil electric twin can shaker was being repaired and the bastard is still working. I guess with all the guys having 18v battery tools now our visits to HF will become scarce.

22. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Anything I try to sell ain't worth crap, however, it's gold when I buy it. :( Funny how that happens.

They just opened a new Harbor Freight store in Des Moines, just north of the Merle Hay Mall so I won't be driving to the SE side of Des Moines anymore unless I decide to visit Bob's Tools. I haven't been to Bob's in quite a while, us paupers have to watch every penny.

dan31 likes this.
  23. Rich S.

Rich S.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Harbor Freight. I think over the past past 8 years, I have purchase one complete store. And the free flashlights make great Stocking Stuffers. I’ll wrap up a tape measure and put it under the tree just to piss the family off.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

bchctybob likes this.
  24. trey32

trey32

They were probably smoking bath salts...

Rich S. likes this.
  25. bchctybob

bchctybob

No HF bashing from here. I have some HF stuff that has stood the test of time and some that needed help to perform for the first time. I just use my 20% off coupon and don't expect much, that way I'm pleasantly surprised when it works or lasts.

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, they are not. Please stop spreading this alarmist nonsense.

I have read the entire proposed bill. It would ban the production of, and registration of NEW gasoline or diesel powered vehicles, going forward. I does not affect existing vehicles. If it were passed, it would go into effect in 22-years.

In 22-years, I will be 70. How about you?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    XXL__ likes this.
  27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bakersfield is flyover California.

28. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I were a suspicious person (and I am) I'd be taking a good hard look at the security guard.

tb33anda3rd and Jalopy Joker like this.
  29. Rich S.

Rich S.

Your profiling...Watch out for Goody-2-Shoes

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

That was a corporate scam to generate sales!

Jalopy Joker and '51 Norm like this.