Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Vindication for all us Harbor Freight lovers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Last Saturday a trio of 3 masked, armed thugs robbed our Bakersfield Harbor Freight store of 3 gasoline powered generators in the early afternoon. Absolute proof that HF is the best. Their stuff is even worth stealing at gunpoint in broad daylight!!!!!!!

2. Going to be hard to get the extended warranty that way

3. upspirate

upspirate

Did they use their free coupons?:rolleyes:

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I guess we will find out exactly who they are when they appear on "worlds most dumbest criminals".

5. They will be caught when they try to return them after they don't work.

6. How will they get the generators started in the dark without their free flashlight?

Saxman, King ford, LOU WELLS and 10 others like this.
  7. Must have forgotten to pay their electric bills.:rolleyes:

LOU WELLS, scrap metal 48 and AVater like this.
  8. bchctybob

bchctybob

Reliable power for a local pot grow I'll bet. And they tell us we won't see an increase in crime......
    Jus' 2 cents from Cannabis County, Ca. where all the deer are slow and glassy eyed.

9. ^^^ Either that or they heard what happened in Hawaii yesterday...

LOU WELLS and Bandit Billy like this.
  10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

What I heard on one of those crime shows is "It's always better when your STEALIN it!" seems not to matter what it is either! Joe

11. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

They wore masks so their friends wouldn't realize how stupid they were for robbing HF generators!
    1 generator will not work at all, another generator will run for a short time and die, the last generator will run on the first tank of gas, and then never again!
    KK

12. Just goes to show you....thieves will steal anything, no matter the value..☺

13. rfraze

rfraze

Goes along with the slogan about Harbor Freight tools. "Better than Nothing"

LOU WELLS likes this.
  14. You guys are funny and beat me to the punch line...twice!

The generators will end up on Craig's List cheap,just needs minor repair. HRP

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Yup, you nailed it. I was in line at HF a couple months ago with about 10 bucks worth of stuff and my 20% off and free flashlight coupons. The guy ahead of me buys 5 generators! Then, he declines to give his phone number, has no 20% off. I'm thinking 'that's weird, he won't get his coupons in the mail that way'. Then, he starts laying out a couple grand on the counter in $20 bills. Finally dawned on me...

16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I've had my HF generator over 7 years and I got it used off CL. It sits outside at my cabin year round. I keep waiting for it to die but it still starts first pull and runs everything I plug into it. I did have to replace the 110v outlet. It's even been completely underwater, twice! Got my money's worth.

Capture.JPG

17. upspirate

upspirate

You should go pick up a back-up one.....I hear they're a steal now!!:D

18. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

They should have gone to their Honda dealer and got a good one. When they get caught they are still going to get the same punishment.

upspirate and bchctybob like this.
  19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I'm actually going through Bakersfield next week, might be able to pick one up on the corner. :)

It's PC on the Hamb to bash HF, although there are some threads with people getting good use. I've found their online reviews to be pretty accurate. The stuff that is shit says so, and I've mistakenly bought some, other stuff is OK.

20. upspirate

upspirate

I have bought some things I'll only use once or twice, like a $20 saw I bought for a one time use instead of a $200 Milwaukee sawzall....worked then and still works. I have several other tools from them that still work. Also buy disposables like chip brushes and gloves. My wife has a H-F workbench in her craft room as well as the wooden mechanics tool chest for her tools. But, we use our stuff for hobbies, not everyday work

slim38 and blowby like this.
  21. Honda dealer in town packs. Guys would have ended up dead like all the LA crooks who come up here to rob the 'easy' country hick banks. Very few make it thru the day a live. Kern Count Sheriffs pretty much nuke those thugs on sight.

22. dan31

dan31

With all that short term memory loss ,I wonder if any of them remembers the extension cords?

'51 Norm likes this.
  23. Probably got those dirt cheap with a coupon, no need to steal.

24. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

You know, everyone bashes Harbor Freight, BUT I would bet that all you bashers have been there and bought something at one time or the other,me included. LOL

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  25. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Oh, you guys....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. .....................Now searching for the "sheepish" emoticon.:)

crashfarmer, '51 Norm and pat59 like this.
  27. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

:cool::cool:
    I was just in one again this morning.:cool:

28. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

:oops:

pat59 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Shoot I was tickled silly when they opened a store about 20 miles away; almost pooped myself when they opened one 2 miles away..Them flash lights are all over my place, very handy along with the tape measures, screw drivers and towels......:D

hidez57, lothiandon1940 and upspirate like this.
  30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Outside of selling for easy bucks or powering grow lights and staying off the grid the story behind why three guys would do a daylight armed robbery just to steal HF generators has got to be a good one. Probably someone in that mudslide mess by LA now has electric lights working while the neighbors don't though.