Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vin on model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopped top, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Where can I find the vin on a 30 model A? Thanks, Mark

2. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

the motor, or *hopefully* on the top of the drivers frame rail, back under the cowl, meaning if it *is* stamped there the body needs to be pulled up to see it...... They weren't all stamped on the frame though, that practice wasn't in full use by then

3. OLLIN

OLLIN

the nubers a like *A123456* right? the "a" and then 6 digits. It they are not there on the drivers side rail by the cowl would they be anywhere else?

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I was just thinking about this........were is the number on the frame(from a bolt hole reference?)? I really do not want to pull the body off to get the number and I have heard that you can drill the sub-rail and read it thru there. Any help would be great.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

5. 5window

5window

The serial # of a Model A was stamped on top of the frame rail near the clutch pedal The number starts with an "A" and a star was stamped before and after the serial # to prevent adding digits. Canadian Model A's have a "C" prefix. There is also an engine # stamped on the block on the left side directly below the cylinder head. It usually corresponds to the frame #,but of course not if the motor was changed. Sedan bodies built by Murray or Briggs had a brass,or zinc, number plate,usually on the firewall. Typically on the passenger side in the engine compartment. If it's a Murray,it will have an "M" prefix.

Thanks to Mac's for this information.

6. TimDavis

TimDavis

It kind of varies - I've seen them right behind the front cowl bolt, and as far back as the directly between the first two.