Register now to get rid of these ads!

video:The first firing of the Mill!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coffin creeper, Mar 15, 2008.

1. coffin creeper

coffin creeper

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2FwYvbnCyKo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2FwYvbnCyKo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

You got to love the first time you get to here it run after a long build. This is choptruck's 34 chevy tudor done in a dry lakes or salt style. It has a 300 straight six with a custom intake/header and straight pipe to the rear. We were not sure what it was going to sound like but were pleasantly surprised. He has the hood to go on which I think really finishes the look he was going for. Just a couple of little kinks to work out and it is time to raise some hell!

2. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

sounds good! can't wait 'till I'm in your shoes.

3. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Sounds good and looks good too!

4. What make is the engine?

5. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Cool vid. Great to have that stuff for looking back.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Nothing like hearing those first revs! Congrats on what looks to be a nice build.

7. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

Great Video,
    a Ford 300, I-6.......................sweet, thats what i'm using i my current build.

So, you pretty much running a stock long block? or you'd do some tweeking?

I've got some 3 to 1 cast exhuast manifolds and i'm still undecided about running dual or single exhaust (i'll be using a muffler or 2).....
    so how does it sound in person?

8. choptruck

choptruck

It's a stock block with a Scherer intake/header, two Rochesters, and a few custom pieces like the thermostat housing and plumbing, dump tube, etc. It's backed by a 4 speed top loader. I'm still using points as of right now, but by the time we head to the Rust Revival, it should have a Petronix kit.

9. Glen

Glen

cool car....I thought I was going to see a new Haas VMC or something.

10. duste01

duste01

goood stuff man

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

thats a nice sedan! motor sounds great!:cool:

12. cool stuff , congratz!

13. sinwagon49

sinwagon49
    from mo

Do both carbs realy work or is it just another plot to try and be hot rod kool

14. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

That thing sounds wicked, and I dig that intake.

15. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

now thats a twist from the old stovebolts!! i really like it, kinda gives me an idea for a little knock around rod/shop truck.

16. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

A MIRROR!!! lol nice vid cool car!

17. choptruck

choptruck

Hey sinwagon I don't know who you are, but fake carbs don't leak. What's that tell ya? What did you think, I would block of one of them fuel lines and make a 20 ga. gasket with no hole under one of them Rochesters because I could'nt get them to work right together? Why don't you go up to Chuck-A-Burger one night and I'll show ya how good they work. And you can quit threatn' me with Joe's 383 cause I ain't skeered no more!

18. sinwagon49

sinwagon49
    from mo

That sounds great but i heard that chuck-a-burger was in St Louis and correct me if im wrong will that THING make it out of your driveway