Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vicky's gotta Nice Butt...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 19, 2013.

1. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

i just threw up

2. No I think they would have fucked it just the same way.
    By 34, Henry lost a lot of style on the Vicky back side.
    It was doomed in 33 but still resembled a bustle, they could have made it curvier for 34 but instead made it flatter.

Put your belt line up on a coupe lower, and adjust the decklid angle a touch. Little More vertical on the sail panel/rear roof line.
    Bet its sexy as hell. Ditch the slant back trunk thingy.

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Here's a very nice '35 Vicky that a young guy used to bring to the Anti-Donut breakfast in Huntington Beach from time to time. The metal work was done by his dad, who was from somewhere in the Northwest:

[​IMG]

4. chev made a Vicky just as pretty....

5. Buick olds Pontiac Cadillac Lincoln and everybody else just about.

6. Where's my fucking tape !

No hood throws it off.
    The roof line is too short, the trunk is too long, the angle of the rear roof panel is too far from vertical, and the doors are too short.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  7. Yeah, do it your fucking self.

8. Lol come on man, I said I can't do that photoshop stuff.
    Those are mad skills you have.
    I just got eyes and a mouth errrahhh fingers.

9. titus

titus

Maybe ill have to do some hunting, im sure i know a bunch of guys that now the Samsul brothers, I have wahts left of a vicky and would love to do a clone, maybe the chassis still out there and i could have a really good start to it!

Heres a few more pics of mine, i was on my way home from picking it up and a deer jumped out from the treed and jumped right in front of the vicky on the trailor and nailed the cowl, messed it up pretty bad, what can your do!

Attached Files:

D-Russ likes this.
  10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Do the vicky and the 2 dr sedan share the same doors?

11. titus

titus

Nope, different, i think the length is a little different and i know the height of a vicky door is just a tad shorter.

12. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

So, a nip-tuck-chop would cure that.

13. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Looks like you were in for some metal work anyway. Chassis looks good. Tudor doors can be modified to fit. But that is about as bad as they get before disappearing completely!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think the '32 Vicky Cowl is unique as well. Bob

15. I'm not sure on the 32s

But the 30-31 is Vicky only doors. They are longer, slant windshield, and there's plus minus 1.5" factory chop vs other model A s depending which one you measure or where you measure. The belt lines are the same so you can make a A Vicky door with a slant windshield set of doors. 4 dr Slant window cowl can be chopped to Vicky size.

I've seen Vicky back half joined up to a coupe doors and cowl, and a 4 dr doors and cowl and it looks a tad off.

16. titus

titus

The main cowl itself should interchange with the vicky, its the upper section of the A pillars and roof that attaches a the seem above the windshield pivots where i would assume the hieght change would be.

i still have whats left of the cowl from the viicky but only have was good, at least usualbe for measurements.

I have a tudor cowl, tudor doors, tudor B pillars and a tudor right quarter adn tudor subrails and tudor roof that all will be modified into a stock unchopped vicky, or so thats the plan. i do have the rear subrail section from the vicky that will be grafted onto the tudor subrails. I am actually planning on roughing in the body this late winter or fall so i dont have a bunch of junk laying around!

JEFF

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Before this thread dies someone has got to post some pictures of Wayne Henderson's '32 Vicky. When it was first done I realized I could not die before owning one. So far out of the 8 real Henry '32's I've owned a Vicky is not among them. So............I'm assuming I''m not on my way out yet. lol

Frank

18. toml24

toml24

Jalopy racing, Southern California, 1958/59

Attached Files:

D-Russ likes this.
  19. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I like all of early Ford Victorias, but this is the one that does it for me:

[​IMG]

D-Russ and Eric H like this.
  20. Kind of but still not really.
    I wish you wouldn't have taken your photo shops down. Sorry if I pissed you off.

If you want to talk about Vicky's butt - 30-32 are
    When Henry did the 33 the rear window panel was too sloped and lined up with the slope of tail panel. In 34 he made it worse and damn near flat - no butt.

The slant back trunk thingy is just not conducive to a nice butt.

Thank goodness I save one before you took it down.
    Take this, put it on a coupe, suck the back bumper in a little and twerk the deck lid up to meet the back window panel. In other words just give it a butt.

Attached Files:

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That's the one. If that doesn't turn your crank you ought to check and see if you still have a pulse. Now, I would have to challenge the Cleveland engine reference and substitute a 435 hp 427 CI Chevy with a 5spd to complete the picture of MY dream Vicky.

Frank

22. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

23. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Anybody know what issue of R&C that was. Can't lay hands on mine. See what ya'll done started!:D

24. Hendersons deuce & Orv Elgies 5-passenger Chevy were in R&C in the same article if memory serves. Both left an impression on this kid.

Bob, its actually hotrod magazine september 1974 issue.
    Al.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

25. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

That would explain why I can't find it.:( Feb.'74 R&C has Elgies Chevy on the cover and in "garage scene" aswell. Didn't "Dear 'Ol Dad" Baskerville do the piece on both cars? Sure do miss him.

26. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1388017075.705324.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1388017180.131098.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1388017204.023866.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1388017226.589237.jpg
    Bob,
    Here you go.
    Al.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Thanks for posting the pics Big Al. Evilbay here I come!

28. carbuilder

carbuilder

I think a 35/36 2dr could be reworked to look vicky wright & I am not talking 33/34 slant back style vicky. My first car was a 51 Vicky so always had a soft spot for vickys.