Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Vic Edelbrock

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike in tucson, Jun 9, 2017.

1. My deepest condolences to Vic Jr's family, friends, employees, and associates. May his ideas, principles, and legacy continue to live on. RIP

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I had the good fortune to meet Vic at SEMA a few years ago. He had just sat down in the Edelbrock booth to sign some posters. He was more than pleased to do it with a big grin on his face.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May he rest in peace.

4. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sad to hear this. He truly was a legend in his own time. He did so much for our industry both publicly and behind the scene. I meet him a hand full of times at various events and he always took the time to shake your hand, and say hi.
    R.I.P. Vic.
    Thank you for all you did. You will be missed.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIP Mr. Edelbrock! I was lucky enough to have visited with him on several occasions, and about 25 years ago put him in touch with a fellow that eventually sold Vic an original version of the Lincoln V12 flathead intake that Vic wanted to add to his collection of parts made by Vic Sr.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

My initial reaction after shock was the company just lost its Steve Jobs. Sure hope his daughters can keep the company going and American made.

Muttley likes this.
  8. Had a chance to meet him at the Porsche dealership here in Tacoma when I was kid...the owner knew Vic Sr when racing during the 40's & 50's. Took the time to meet everyone and shake hands and have a brief chat while picking up a new vehicle...my condolences to the Edelbrock family and friends.. RIP Vic Jr.. Made in USA!

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Scott

Scott

Amazing how much stuff in the garage says Edelbrock on it.
    Godspeed Vic Jr.

Muttley likes this.
  10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

What a wonderful life lived , on the edge at times. Thanks Vic

11. deucemac

deucemac

When his father passed, Vic Jr. Had the wisdom to listen too Don Waite and Bobby Meeks plus the drive and ability to innovative and by that, we and the whole industry prospered. I have had the pleasure and honor to spend some time with him. Incredible person. He had competition but never any peers. Next time you get in that hot rod, think of Vic. You either have some of his parts on it or parts made by someone else working hard to be as good as Vic. RIP great man!

12. Muttley

Muttley

Nothing's more iconic in Hot Rodding than the Edelbrock script logo.

[​IMG]

Cooon, lbcd, kiwijeff and 1 other person like this.
  13. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. An icon of hot rodding. May God grant His peace to the Edelbrock family and all the best to them in the future.

14. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Vic Jr. deserves a lot of credit for taking a small regional trade association to a whole new level in the late sixties, early seventies. As the president and multiple term board member, he made SEMA a powerful influence in Detroit, DC and overseas.

Kan Kustom, HEMI32 and deucemac like this.
  15. Losing our legends really blows.
    Rest in peace, Vic Edelbrock.
    My condolences to the Edelbrock family.

16. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIP Vic Jr. and thanks for everything.
    Jim

17. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Sad news. RIP Vic.

18. This a shock and very sad news I always look forward to talking to him at the Watkins Glen vintage races. My condolences to his family and his countless friends......Hobo Jim

Asphalt Angel likes this.
  19. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

What would our world have been without him ? A terrible loss.

20. Goodbye Mr.Vic, and thank you for all you have done! one of my very 1st speed parts was an Edelbrock Torker. Running Edelbrock parts on 3 of my vehicles currently.

21. man what a life.....thanks for all he's done for all hobbiest's ....and I understand the brand's in good hands...all the best upstairs and check in on our shoulder every now and then......

22. aircap

aircap

The man left some BIG shoes to fill.

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

RIP Vic
    This should become the national Hot Rod Day.

24. PoRodder

PoRodder
    from St. Louis

Rest in peace, Vic.

25. Nobey

Nobey

R.I.P. Mr. Edelbrock, and Condolences to your Family

26. A really first class guy who really showed us how things should be done with class, grace and honor. I met him the first time at Deuce 75th Anniversary at the Peterson. He graciously gave our group a personal tour of the Edelbrock facility. I most recently saw him again last summer up in Victoria, BC at Deuce Day Northwest where he was signing autographs with his daughter. RIP.

HemiDeuce and deucemac like this.
  27. I have used their products over the years with great success- Vic was proud of what he produced and it showed in the quality of the products- A great ambassador for the industry and hobby. He proved you don't have to take manufacturing off shore to be successful.
    Thank You Vic for your many contributions to our hobby - Condolences and sympathies to your friends, colleagues and family. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Muttley and deucemac like this.
  28. pumpman

pumpman

29. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

RIP Mr Edelbrock