Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vibration problem!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by layin_frame_56, Mar 2, 2007.

1. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

I have a 1956 Chevy sedan w/ a four speed super T10 and i have a bad vibration when I let the clutch out? Any ideas? Oh ya i have had the drive shaft balanced and flywheel resurfaced...

2. Does it happen at idle?
    Does the frequency change with RPMs?
    Does it happen when you're driving down the road?
    Does it happen in reverse?
    Any noises when this happens?

Give us some more clues please, but it sounds like an input shaft bearing in the trans or a really bad throwout bearing to me.

3. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

I've had the bolts that attach the clutch to the flywheel break, just after a clutch job. If one breaks, it'll vibrate when letting it out. Easy to check too.

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

sound like a bad pressure plate or a flywheel surface thats not to true...check for a broken spring in the pressure plate...rooster

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

have you checked the pilot bushing?

6. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

all clutch springs are there and good shape.. It vibrates as you let the clutch out at all RPM's when its in gear..The piolit bearing is also fine. Thanks for all the responses i really appreciate it..

7. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Don't fuckin' newbs post intros any more,,,,ever?

8. Are you sure the disc is not hitting the flywheel bolts. this can happen if the dics is installed backwards; if the flywheel has been resurfaced too many times or had too much removed during the resurfacing.I saw this happen also once after a guy had the flywheel resurfaced and he re-installed the flywheel bolts with some very thick lock washers.

9. Pilot Bushing yeah......:D

10. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Sorry "Yo Baby" for not introing myself... Choprods I think its the brass bushing inside the tail shaft. I am going to try that next then go from there ..THANKX EVERYBODY for the ongoing info..

11. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Hey everybody got it figured out I hope changed pressure plate tonight seems to be ok now Let me hope anyway..ANYWAYS THANKX AGAIN