Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vets read this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leon renaud, Nov 6, 2008.

1. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

In all the Time I have been here I have NEVER intentionally done anything against the HAMB buttoday I take a stand against unjust action
    Sears -

[​IMG]Christmas shopping has already started

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

[​IMG]

Pass it on.

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care

[email protected]
    1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's Verified ! By Snopes.com
    at:

http://www.snopes.com/<wbr>politics/military/sears.asp (shows the entire article)

2. Boeing does the same, please buy an airplane! :D

3. draggin50

draggin50
    from Ohio

Wow thats unusual! Someone finally seeing the way it should be by honoring these brave men and women!

4. ten thumb

ten thumb
    from texas

5. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Mods... let this fly a bit... I'll verify it.

And Leon, if this turns out to be junk - it's your ass. :)

7. BinderRod

BinderRod

Ryan, your a stand up guy!! The Vets thank you

8. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

amen ! ! ! ! ! !

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Good enough for me. I see alot of Craftsmen tools under the tree this year from Santa. Thanks for sharing this bud.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

your rock ryan! our troops deserve this!

now, tell us the big news comin up dammit!!!! :p

11. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I think I'll go buy a new Torque wrench at Sears tomorrow.

Doc.

12. Now if we could get WalMart and Exxon-Mobil to be responsible corporate citizens...

Most of my tools are Craftsman, and they made quite a bit more money off of me before I paid off the Sears credit card that bought them...

This would make me feel better about it.

13. gas pumper

gas pumper

Thank You, Leon, for reposting this. I'm going tomorrow to get a few little items that I could get elswhere, but now I;ll support a business that is doing more than their part for us.

14. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Ryan the person that sent it to me served 18 1/2 years as a green beret I don't think he would send me bullshit
    any one on here That can do more than click a link can check it I'm flat out stupid with computers it's only my intention to support our military nothing more I just felt if sears see WE care they could keep this going longer.65000 members here that could be big support for our troops even if we just sent sears a note thanking them for this action.
    Ryan I do apologize that I posted the letter I got it was my intention to just post a link someone set this up for me I only know how to paste links

If anyone desides to patronise Sears please be sure you tell management why and only if Ryan says OK say you saw it Here on the HAMB after all it wouldn't hurt if they became alliance members
    I went to sears online and found this
    http://www.searsholdings.com/communityrelations/hero/military.htm

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

good enough reason for me to go there

16. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Leon, I was already aware of this, but it's nice to have a little reminder.

17. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I wish the HAMB had a way to forward posts to non subscribers. I really wish I could send this to everyone I know. Thank you for the information. I don't have a lot to spend this Christmas but it's going there.

18. Thanks for the info.
    Max

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

perhaps other companies supporting our troops should be commended. Anybody know of others?

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

That absolutely ROCKS!
    As per the snopes article, I followed the link to the http://esgr.org/ web site, and it lists all companies [by state] that do the same. There were a lot of businesses in my community that support our troops, and I'll be patronizing them FIRST!

The only thing I can add is to try and buy american when shoping at these businesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. lewislynn

lewislynn

Uh, you have a computer with internet connection but don't know how to copy and paste or e-mail?

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

All you need to do is copy Leon's post into an email then send to anyone in your personal email address book.

23. I'm Air Force vet and currently Army civilian, have seen this story many times since OIF/OEF started. Can't confirm or deny it but usually if they're false we hear about 'em at work. There are others that do same for the troops. I don't know any deployed Guardsmen or Reservists who are Sears employees but perhaps some will respond?

24. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Sears has good tools!!!! I shop at sears.

25. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I will go buy a hot water heater this weekend I need one any way .Maybe some tools.

26. slepe67

slepe67

yeah, but no military discount there...sigh...I need a new torque wrench anyhow...

27. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

I have been boycotting sears for 9 years, due to a mistake THEY made. Guess it's time to let bygones be bygones and do some xmas shopping there.

Supporting our troops is way more important my issues with them.

Thanks for posting this boys.

Good call on this one Ryan.

Cheers and Beers
    Hodge

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man thats great, too bad Australia doesn't give a rats about its service men and women. Company's don't have to hold jobs for reservists and often fire them just for doing there two week a year full time stint, Id hate to see what they would do for a 2 year hitch!
    Doc.

29. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Im X ARMY........

I hate to shop...........

But I will make a point to spend some money with Sears instead of Fucking Target!

Thanks Leon and Ryan !